PDA

View Full Version : Restoring 8700c

phyburn
07-19-2006, 08:24 PM
So today I got my 8700c from ebay I have cingular and was wondering where I can get the restore file to COMPLETLY restore my blackberry to it's factory default settings. I would like to delete every! thing on it.

Thanks for your time.

NJBlackBerry
07-19-2006, 08:27 PM
To wipe out EVERYTHING - programs, data and operating system, locate a program called JL_CMDR here; search for it - it will wipe out the BB.

phyburn
07-19-2006, 08:28 PM
will this also install the defualt OS?

NJBlackBerry
07-19-2006, 08:29 PM
No. It will wipe out everything.
To wipe out customer data, but leave the programs and OS intact, you can go to Options / Security / General Security
Click the trackwheel and select Wipe Handheld.

To reload the handheld OS, follow this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871

phyburn
07-19-2006, 10:58 PM
now this has nothing to do with this subject but I was wondering where my web browser is. I don't see it anywhere and it does not show the icon for it.

THanks for your time

rcbjr
07-20-2006, 06:38 AM
From the home Screen open the Menu (Alt+Trackwheel) and selext Show All. If your browser was just hidden, you should beale to find it.

If not there, do you have a properly activated Blackberry Data plan with your service provider? No BB Plan = No Data Service! If you have plan. Go to Options/Advanced Options/Host routing Table, open the Menu and select Register Now. If that doesn't work. Login to your BIS account and find Send Service Books. Then do the register Now again.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

Milkman
07-20-2006, 06:48 AM
Just an FYI, (and please guys, correct me if I am wrong), none of the suggestions above will clear out a BES policy if one exists on that Blackberry. There is some makeshift fixes on the boards, but none that will fix 100% (like Bluetooth still won't work for instance).