PDA

View Full Version : Bell 7130 / Cingular 7290

Razor_bc
07-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Hello All,
I am new to this board, but a veteran BB user.

I have 2 BBs a Bell 7130 and Cingular 7290, I travel in both the US and Canada frequently and find this to save me at least 200 per month. I am a heavy data user and find that this is the least expensive way to have unlimited usage in both countries.

Is there a device that will handle both Cingular and Bell service. I believe I know the answer but thought I would ask.

Razor (y)

JerryD
07-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Hello All,
I am new to this board, but a veteran BB user.

I have 2 BBs a Bell 7130 and Cingular 7290, I travel in both the US and Canada frequently and find this to save me at least 200 per month. I am a heavy data user and find that this is the least expensive way to have unlimited usage in both countries.

Is there a device that will handle both Cingular and Bell service. I believe I know the answer but thought I would ask.

Razor (y)
You should check with Cingular. They support both the 7130 and 7290, and have pretty extensive coverage. You might have to get a new SIM, but it would be programmed for international use and your BB would be reset to work with non US providers.

No, I'm not with Cingular - I do corporate support for BB's and many of our users travel extensively.

The most traveled user I know is on T-Mobile. However, he's been using a BB for years, and T-Mobile was the first to offer the coverage he needed, so you may want to see what they have to offer too. They currently list only the 7290, but there's no reason the 7130 wouldn't work also since they do have the 8700 which is very similar.