PDA

View Full Version : Need Help,new Blackberyy User

emmawilliams10
07-20-2006, 04:23 AM
Am having trouble, when you set up email settings you can only set the send from account as one email address, how i i change this as i need it to send from two different accounts, so when i recieve a aol email i want it to send from that, and when i recieve a hotmail one i want it to say sent from hotamil

Also i have a hotmail plus account which i upgraded to the plus last night, but for somereason it keeps saying i am entering my detail wrong, which i am not can someone please help. And i really need to be able to recieve my hotmail email on my BB

also whats the enterprise activation, as it keep saying my server is unavailable, even tho i am recieveing emails.... thanks alot ;o)

Also one last thing!!!! i have dowbloaded blackberry messenger, do i pay to send instant message or recieve them with other blackberry users??

i am with T-Mobile. data only, is there any way i can see how much of my 50megs i have used or have left?

Dirky
07-20-2006, 04:45 AM
Am having trouble, when you set up email settings you can only set the send from account as one email address, how i i change this as i need it to send from two different accounts, so when i recieve a aol email i want it to send from that, and when i recieve a hotmail one i want it to say sent from hotamil

Also i have a hotmail plus account which i upgraded to the plus last night, but for somereason it keeps saying i am entering my detail wrong, which i am not can someone please help.

also whats the enterprise activation, as it keep saying my server is unavailable, even tho i am recieveing emails.... thanks alot ;o)

Also one last thing!!!! i have dowbloaded blackberry messenger, do i pay to send instant message or recieve them with other blackberry users??

i am with T-Mobile. data only, is there any way i can see how much of my 50megs i have used or have left?

Unless you are using BIS 2.0 you cannot send from multiple account, or rather cannot *appear* to send from multiple accounts, you only get one send from address with BIS 1.8

Not sure about the Hotmail plus, never used it.

Ignore the Enterprise Activation, you do not need it unless you are using a BES setup.

Sending using BB messenger to other BB users PIN's is free (apart from data usage of course)

Not sure about the allowance, have you tried setting up a T-Mobile account on their website, eg online bills etc.

Mike

emmawilliams10
07-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Unless you are using BIS 2.0 you cannot send from multiple account, or rather cannot *appear* to send from multiple accounts, you only get one send from address with BIS 1.8 SORRY BUT WHAT IS BIS 2.0 AND IF I DONT HAVE IT HOW DO I GET IT??

Not sure about the Hotmail plus, never used it.

Ignore the Enterprise Activation, you do not need it unless you are using a BES setup.

Sending using BB messenger to other BB users PIN's is free (apart from data usage of course)

Not sure about the allowance, have you tried setting up a T-Mobile account on their website, eg online bills etc.

Mike

twharms
07-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Bis is blackberry internet server. You can do a quick search to learn about it. Also you said you have the tmo days only plan. You need to make sure you have the blackberry data service. (separate from regular days plan).BES is blackberry enterprise server which you don't need and cannot get unless your bb was issued by a corporate IT person.

Dirky
07-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Bis is blackberry internet server. You can do a quick search to learn about it. Also you said you have the tmo days only plan. You need to make sure you have the blackberry data service. (separate from regular days plan).BES is blackberry enterprise server which you don't need and cannot get unless your bb was issued by a corporate IT person.

Not to split hairs but that is not strictly true. I got the BES service enabled and setup my own Exhange 2003 server and BES system. Ok maybe a little over the top but I need the calendar sync and other stuff.

Mike