PDA

View Full Version : Additional emails

ironlou
07-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey all...I have the 7130 and so far I realy like the phone...question, appearently I can add more than one email address to my BB so I was trying to add my personnel email (yahoo) but I keep getting an erro. Does anyone know how to fix this?

moosehead
07-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Do you have yahoo plus? If not it won't work...same with msn. Currently only gmail accounts will work(pop3). Your options are to pay for the upgrated yahoo and msn email or check your current yahoo and msn via the BB browser or switch to gmail.

Hope this helps answer you question.

ironlou
07-20-2006, 09:39 AM
ahh..ok..I have the basic one. I'l just have to check it by loggin on...thanks!

moosehead
07-20-2006, 09:45 AM
no problem....that's what i've been doing....I actually signed up and created a gmail account(yeah i know another freaking email account) but it sends directly to my BB. Gmail has great instructions for importing/exporting your msn and yahoo contacts as well. Just a thought!

Good luck and enjoy!

jstylz510
07-20-2006, 10:20 AM
ahh..ok..I have the basic one. I'l just have to check it by loggin on...thanks!

Hey ironlou if you need a gmail account I can send you an invite...gmail is awesome account to have IMO

fizz
07-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Do you have yahoo plus? If not it won't work...same with msn. Currently only gmail accounts will work(pop3). Your options are to pay for the upgrated yahoo and msn email or check your current yahoo and msn via the BB browser or switch to gmail.

Hope this helps answer you question.

I have my AOL (have to pay), MSN, & Yahoo (FREE), forwarded with no problems via Blackberry Internet Service w/Sprint.

iseeyou
07-20-2006, 12:21 PM
go to yahoo and search for yahoo for BB and they give it to you free!!

PIN: 20360546

moosehead
07-20-2006, 01:51 PM
What is free? You were having problems setting up your yahoo and hotmail as addtional email accounts for your BB correct?

I hope i didn't miss lead you.....apparently Fizz was able to set up his free accounts but i did not(along with many others).

ironlou
07-20-2006, 01:58 PM
well I'll need a step-by-step for this iseeyou.....

VR6
07-20-2006, 02:06 PM
google YPOPs for free yahoo email on your BB...that's what I use

fizz
07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
AOL (does not offer free email), I have my AOL email forwarded to my BB via BIS from Sprint's website.
Yahoo & MSN (offers free email, which I have, I do not pay for any special versions) and have forwarded to my BB via BIS from Sprint's website.
All I had to do was add the account by entering my email address and password and it's done,
....just in case i wasn't clear.

srl7741
07-20-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm able to get google, Yahoo and two others web based email account just by signing into BIS and adding the accounts. All i had to do was enter my email address (a yahoo one) enter my yahoo password and within 5 minutes i started receiving yahoo email directly to my bb. The down side to that was now my bb has 5 inbox icons which drive me nuts sometimes. I should also add that if you receive yahoo on your berry and read it then go to a pc and access via web browser it will reflect the email has been read. Same applies if you delete the yahoo email from your berry it will also be gone from your inbox if you use your pc to check the email afterwards.
Google seem to handle this different, if i delete a email from my google account on my berry it's still there if i access the account from a pc later.

If i missed the original question? sorry just trying to add that web based email accounts should work on your berry.

moosehead
07-20-2006, 02:54 PM
srl7741,

Is your yahoo account the free version or the plus(paid) version?

fizz
07-20-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm able to get google, Yahoo and two others web based email account just by signing into BIS and adding the accounts. All i had to do was enter my email address (a yahoo one) enter my yahoo password and within 5 minutes i started receiving yahoo email directly to my bb. The down side to that was now my bb has 5 inbox icons which drive me nuts sometimes. I should also add that if you receive yahoo on your berry and read it then go to a pc and access via web browser it will reflect the email has been read. Same applies if you delete the yahoo email from your berry it will also be gone from your inbox if you use your pc to check the email afterwards.
Google seem to handle this different, if i delete a email from my google account on my berry it's still there if i access the account from a pc later.

If i missed the original question? sorry just trying to add that web based email accounts should work on your berry.

If you don't want the additional mailbox icons and want to read everything in say your default "messages" folder, you can simply hide the unnecessary icons by pressing ALT & Trackwheel, then select "Hide Application". all of your emails will now only show up in "Messages".
BTW, Google is handling your email via PC browser the way it wasn't intended to be used. Everything else is working as should and synced so that you can check it on your BB and not see it again as new unless specified.

BERDucky
07-20-2006, 03:26 PM
to clear this up...
if you have BIS 2.0 - and are w/ a carrier other then Cingular - you can add your free Yahoo! accounts

however; if you have BIS 1.8 or Cingualr you need to have POP access - and at this point that means paying Yahoo!

srl7741
07-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Ahh true.... there lies sooo many different venders and their own way of doing things. I should have mentioned Nextel 4 me and the other items i failed to mention. BIS 2.0 currently.
Yes the hide icon function works well however i have decided awhile back to leave them visible to help me remember which is which when replying to an email. I would always forget to send from the correct account when i had then hidden.
I'm on the free yahoo......b4 i forget that too.

moosehead
07-20-2006, 03:39 PM
BERDucky - Thx for clearing that up....thought i was going crazy and explains why yahoo free mail will not work- i'm with Cingular.

ironlou - Hope all this helped.....

Thx everyone for your comments

fizz
07-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I wasn't aware that Cingular users had this problem, good to know and sorry to hear.

ironlou
07-20-2006, 04:12 PM
so since Im with cingular, I cant make this happen so I'll just have to get online and to to yahoo and access it that way.....no biggy I guess

mister.zero
07-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I learn something here everyday. I didn't know that free Yahoo mail would work with BIS 2.0. I love this place 8-)

I got a Yahoo Plus account (two of 'em) mostly because I hated that little bit of advertising that shows up at the end of emails sent from the free version. It just seemed not-quite-professional when sending mail to a business contact. Besides, I absolutely adore the disposable addresses (and the spam filtering isn't too shabby, either).

Yeah, I know, Gmail rulez :smile: