PDA

View Full Version : Volume Issue, Driving me CRAZY!

TylerBoneZJoneZ
07-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I wanted to know if anyone was having volume issues with the 7100i? I just recently upgraded to Nextels Blackberry from the i860 phone, and I have called Blackberry support a couple times and we did some hard/master resets. I know the phone goes as loud as the i860 but it won't stay that way, seems like when you make a couple phone calls and direct connect with a few people it just goes away and the volume drops again. My profile is set to loud and the volume is all the way up when I am calling and everything. I have tried everything from hard/master resets to re-intsalling the BB Software. Still nothing, like I said I know the phone will go that loud because it has done it but I am having the issue of keeping it that loud. My last alternative option is sending this one back in for a new one and hoping that will work? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tyler

AnthroMatt
07-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Does the 7100i have that automatic volume control? I think it is supposed to raise and lower volume based upon background noise. bring up the dialpad/phone and click the trackwheel. Scroll to options, then enhanced audio and try disabling automatic volume control. See if that helps.

I have a 7130e but I am guessing the menu is pretty similar. Hope it works!

Chrscott22
07-22-2006, 12:19 PM
No enhanced audio

gadgetfanatic
07-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Go to your call log, click the wheel and choose options, choose general options. At the bottom there should be a setting for "Default call volume". Set it to 100%.

AnthroMatt
07-22-2006, 12:25 PM
No enhanced audio
on the iDEN phones?

If that's the case I guess that shouldn't be a shock, lol. Not much to enhance as far as iDEN voice quality is concerned.

TylerBoneZJoneZ
07-22-2006, 02:28 PM
gadgetfanatic,

I have already tried this (Nextel BlackBerry Support) suggested I did this and it is set to 100% Still doesn't help, Like I said it has been louder then it has but it wont stay that way it automatically goes back down to how it was, It is really ticking me off, But I have a new blackberry on the way, will be here Monday, will see if this is a hardware issue or not.

Thanks for all your help.