PDA

View Full Version : New Wev Client With Outlook

zapalski
07-22-2006, 09:19 AM
I am a long time BlackBerry user and server administrator. By using the latest version of the web client, I was wondering the following. If I open a message on my blakberry, when I pop it into outlook, can I get the message to be marked as read.

FYI, if I delete the message from my blackberry and click on On_Mailbox, it will delete from the pop server and not downlad to the outlook.

I was just wondering if I was missing something simple.

Any worrd on an 8700 for Nextel idn?

coreyg510
07-22-2006, 09:22 AM
I dont believe that the latest version of BIS webclient allows that. However, if you're talking about BES then a little clarification would be nice. :wink:

zapalski
07-22-2006, 09:27 AM
No just the standard webclient. It would be nice to have BES, but I am the owner of the law firm and do not want to spend the money.

FYI, I have been using the print to fax. Very good function.

coreyg510
07-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Well, I do know about Cingular's 2.0 version, so I am going to try and correlate (SP). The new BIS versions do not, as of yet, allow syncing with MS outlook. You can have your Outlook pull the messages off BIS WebClient, but thats about it. Since your not hooked up to a BES or Wireless Sync program/application, you wont have that luxury. Hopefully, in newer versions, this will change.

coreyg510
07-22-2006, 09:30 AM
That though will probably take a little cooperation from RIM, MS, and the carriers.

zapalski
07-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Thank you

titetanium
07-22-2006, 09:59 AM
You can have your Outlook pull the messages off BIS WebClient, but thats about it. Since your not hooked up to a BES or Wireless Sync program/application, you wont have that luxury.
Can you explain how you are able to get outlook to pull emails off the BIS server? If this was possible, I might be able to use redirector to push emails coming into Outlook to my handheld, allowing similar functionality to BES, assuming I set the options to sync wirelessly correctly.

Any thoughts on that?

coreyg510
07-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Well.....BIS email addresses do not have pop access, which is what most people using BIS are utilizing. Therefore, you can have outlook access the POP account (Gmail, ect.) Make sure that you enable the "leave messages on server" option. When your webclient pulls, it will also retrieve the mail.

Now if you want to utilize redirector, I dont believe you need to have your webclient address pull off the POP account. Please forgive me however, I do not have a lot of experience with Redirector as I have never had much need for it. I am sure that someone with experience in that field will be able to assit you. Good luck,

The Gecko

timmyc123
07-22-2006, 04:03 PM
My IMAP account changes the read status in outlook....

BERDucky
07-22-2006, 07:14 PM
POP accounts don't mark email as read due to how it funtcions
IMAP does - as does Exchange and Domino

BTW - this is for BIS 2.0