PDA

View Full Version : It just stopped.

Sdupe
07-22-2006, 11:28 AM
I have been using the BB 7520 (telus) for 2 years now. On Wednesday i stopped receiving emails. I can send them using my outlook or my @<hidden> account. I have received the service book. I have removed my battery, uninstalled and re-installed the blackberry 4.0 software to no avail. I have no problem receiving sms as well. My email is through outlook and i am not on an exchange server. My email comes from bluegravity. In the email reconcilliation option should i have webclient indicated? If anyone could help me out i sure would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Steve

BERDucky
07-22-2006, 07:11 PM
make sure your Outlook is set to leave a copy on the server - should fix it

Sdupe
07-23-2006, 09:45 PM
That didn't do the trick. What settings should my handheld be set for email reconcilliation. That might be the issue.

BERDucky
07-24-2006, 12:45 PM
wait - i may have read that wrong
are you able to receive email to your @<hidden> account?

Sdupe
07-24-2006, 03:29 PM
yes, i am able to receive on my telus blackberry email but can not receive on my steve@<hidden> address.

REP
07-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Let me know if you figure anything out. My wife has the same problem with her 7130e. We called Telus Wed night and re-sent service books and did a hard reset. It got the BB going for a few hours until it stopped again. When we called back, we tried it again without success. I did notice though that on the web server 1.8, her e-mail address fails to register as it says:

Unfortunately your request cannot be completed at this time. The transaction has been refused due to SERVER problem.

BERDucky
07-24-2006, 06:39 PM
do you have a filter set up in your BIS account?? have you tried rermoving/ré-adding your account

its possible the account added as IMAP - not POP. to fix this remove your account; choose to re-add but don't put in a password - just your email address. this will get you to an advanced screen where you can enter the server settings to make sure it goes through as POP

hopefully this fixes it for ya

JerryD
07-25-2006, 02:22 AM
I have been using the BB 7520 (telus) for 2 years now. On Wednesday i stopped receiving emails. I can send them using my outlook or my @<hidden> account. I have received the service book. I have removed my battery, uninstalled and re-installed the blackberry 4.0 software to no avail. I have no problem receiving sms as well. My email is through outlook and i am not on an exchange server. My email comes from bluegravity. In the email reconcilliation option should i have webclient indicated? If anyone could help me out i sure would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Steve
Although I doubt this is the problem, the latest version of firmware for Telus 7520 is 4.1.0.273, and the latest Desktop Manager is 4.1.1.12.
You can get both from: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0E1A0 (https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0E1A0)

That said, when I've seen this problem, sometimes the fix is to have the account removed from the BES and then put back on.

Try upgrading your firmware and Desktop Manager (if you use it) first though.

Sdupe
07-25-2006, 12:22 PM
These processes did not fix my problem either. I think that i might have to start over from the beginning. Please bare with me, when installing the blackberry desktop, first i install Blackberry Internet Email. I have launched the desktop and am now synching my handheld. To be perfectly clear, which account should be selected on email reconcilliation? Desktop, webclient,me@<hidden>, or me@<hidden>? After this i don't know what my next actions will be.

Thanks for all the help.
Steve

BERDucky
07-25-2006, 04:49 PM
its not a reconcile issue as the emails aren't getting to your handheld - it's a receive issue

if none of the above had resolved your issue i'd call Telus for further assistence - and have them call RIM for you if they cannot fix it

kailanihawk
07-25-2006, 07:39 PM
I've seen that happen on a few devices at my job. We were able to fix it by regenerating a new encryption key. To do that, you click on Options, Security, General Settings, Scroll down to the Services section, mine says Desktop [xxxxxxxxx] (3DES), and click on your track wheel, than click on Regenerate Encryption Key.

gziz
07-26-2006, 12:16 AM
These processes did not fix my problem either. I think that i might have to start over from the beginning. Please bare with me, when installing the blackberry desktop, first i install Blackberry Internet Email. I have launched the desktop and am now synching my handheld. To be perfectly clear, which account should be selected on email reconcilliation? Desktop, webclient,me@<hidden>, or me@<hidden>? After this i don't know what my next actions will be.

Thanks for all the help.
Steve

if you go into the service books and you see a "webclient cmime" service book and the " me@<hidden>" service book that is probibly the issue, you cannot have both of these, the webclient one is from BIS 1.8 and the "work.ca" one is from BIS 2.0 and they conflict. so delete the webclient cmime service book and it should work. you might need to resend the service book after deleting but i doubt it.

peace.

07-26-2006, 12:21 AM
I had a similiar problem with my verizon account. It was not receiving emails at all through any of the three accounts mapped. We started from scratch, deleting all the accounts, and re-adding one by one. Once added, I believe we re-registered, then we were good to go. has been purring along nicely for 3 months now.

Sdupe
07-26-2006, 03:58 PM
OK, An hour and fifteen minutes on the phone with Telus. The lady told me that i should not have been receving my email for the last year and a half because i do not have the redirector installed. I deleted the webclient cmime and have opted into the redirector. I have started to receive emails and i am able to send them. I still do not feel comfortable with the redirector, not really sure how it works but i guess i should just enjoy the moment.

I want to thank everyone for their help. It truly is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Steve

BERDucky
07-26-2006, 05:22 PM
ok well the Telus lady is wrong
you do not need redirector in order to get email - in fact it's only made to work w/ Exchange accounts
plus you don't get attachments w/ it
if it's working - great - im glad for ya :) just don't want you to beleive that mis-information

and gziz - you can have both service books - however you can only use web client [CMIME] to reply/forward emails that you received on BIS 1.8 for up to 30 days after you upgrade. The BIS 2.0 service books are for receiving; replying; forwarding and sending new email.