PDA

View Full Version : JVM Errors

srl7741
07-23-2006, 09:21 AM
The last few weeks i have noticed several posts asking about a jvm error that occures after installing a theme made with the Plazmic Software. I was hoping by posting here others would post their experience or thoughts with this error and make it easier to find a solution.

The error that is sometimes generated is due to the reduced icons. I think? it's a 71xx series issue but i may be wrong on that. Not everyone speakes up so i may be off on the 71xx only. If you remove those icons and replace them with visible icons the error will not be generated by those who do experience the error. I should also mentioned that not all get that error and therefore it's been hard to narrow down exactly what causes it. I use the 7100i and i have not been able to reproduce that error on my phone and have to rely on others dropping me a note. For those who have they have helped out a great deal and i encourage those who do get errors post certain details so maybe someone can find a solution or learn what to avoid.
Examples that would help may be...

1. model phone (71xx, etc)
2. OS (4.1.0.136)
3. carrier
4. install method (OTA or Desktop manager)
5. Theme name
6. When the error occures
7. error message (which jvm 523, 102 etc)
8. Anything else u may think is important that you experienced

Maybe we can prevent others from frustrations later.

iceman72
07-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Here we go, I hope this helps.

I have tried to install 7100 – zSHARE - 7100 cas-mcqueen.zip . It seems to install fine. I use the desktop manager most recent version. As soon as it is done it look fine. But when I switch from the options back to the main screen...BLAM i get the jvm 523 every time. As a matter of fact it only happens on the themes made by gwemrick. Here are my BB specs.

Nextel 7100i. Most recent OS. I think the problem is the 100% transparent icons. Most of the time, I have to totally reinstall. But with this one, I was able to reboot 3 times and then it came back. Funny thing is, when it came back on, the theme was working and installed. So I uninstalled it ASAP.

The same thing happened when I tried to install a few of his older themes he created.

Bliss
09-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi new here, but i am experiencing problems with all themes i download from anywhere, i used the desktop manager to install applications. All the themes work, except every now and then at random intervals this error shows up "Uncaught exception:java.lang.nullpointer.exception" All i have to do is press ok and im good until it shows up again? Anyone know of this.

My blackberry has OS 4.1 and is a 7250.

mavsx
10-04-2007, 07:41 AM
hey hey, good thread

One of our VP's just called me he has a "JVM error 102" Also he can't click into any of the icons. The trackwheel scrolls vertically instead of horizontally through the icons.

Cingular 7290
Cingular--old model, soon to be AT&T
OTA, enterprise activation.
Theme "Default"
I guess within the last week or so.
JVM ERROR 102

thats not, i am having him send it to me via courier. And then i am going to wipe with the JL_CMDER

and reinstall. I might try and give him our new 8800's but we will see about that.

thanks for the thread srl7741