PDA

View Full Version : Password Keeper HELP

BBerry77
07-23-2006, 03:27 PM
I want to use password keeper for many passwords, but cannot ge past the initial password when prompted. I can't remember setting one to get in to it, but maybe there is a factory pass. I am at 9/10 tries. If it goes to 10 and wipes the BB, will I lose all of my addresses etc.? I don't have data, but I think I backed up the device on my PC with the usb, but I don't understand how this all works. I am new and I am "Tech-Stupid!"

MythmbHurts
07-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Just pray you did a back up. There is no way to get around it. Thats why BB are used by the Gov... and other high up people. They are very secure!

greggebhardt
07-23-2006, 03:36 PM
You are doomed. Sync your device with Outlook and back it up.

Try it agian and let your BB wipe. There is no secret back door. Do a selective restore or sync with outlook and start over again with password keeper.

BBerry77
07-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I wiped it, aandit didn't do anything. It said it was wiping my passwords, but I didn't hAVE ANY. I was able to set up new password and store all the ones I wanted. It didn't wipe the entire device FYI. Thanks

NJBlackBerry
07-23-2006, 05:12 PM
The password keeper application password has NOTHING to do with wiping the BlackBerry. That is the device password; not the password keeper password.