PDA

View Full Version : Seidio Jet Black Skin Case for 8700c/r

seidioseidio
07-25-2006, 04:13 PM
This combo includes our Jet Black Premium Skin Case as well as the Swivel Clip Holster that is designed specifically for your SKINNED 8700c/r. Separately, these products are quite effective in providing a more efficient way of using your 8700. Paired together, this combo is an absolute MUST-HAVE for any 8700 user!

NOW WITH NEW ADDED FEATURES:

Sleeper Function

Improved Clip to hold phone even more securely

Features:

Stylish design with the ability to slip your skined Blackberry 8700 in and out of the holster with one hand
Secures your skined Blackberry 8700 in place with the top, bottom, and lower sides all held in
Locking swivel belt clip allows for perfect positioning, while sitting or standing, by rotating the 7 Angles
Easy access to all features including headset jack, serial connector, and volume control
Face-in model - soft, foam pad protects the screen when resting in the holster
Made up of very high impact and high performance plastic (PC-Polycarbonate) to ensure the durability of the holster. It is reliable and can stand constant use.
New and improved clip attachment with metal ring and increased tension to guarantee longer durability
Designed to fully protect skinned Blackberry 8700 screen and keyboard

https://www.seidioonline.com/ProductImages/8700c_SKHLBK.jpg

For more information on this item, please contact christinesilver@<hidden> or visit our product page (https://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=410).

seidioseidio
07-25-2006, 05:33 PM
The Jet Black Skin Case for 8700C is also available separately.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

jeproks
08-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I placed an order yesterday and I just got an email from Seidio that it's on Backorder. Any idea when it's gonna be available?

Debias
08-04-2006, 01:42 PM
i did not have very good luck with the seido cases. i found that the spring clip was not sturdy enough and eventually failed.

yunone
08-08-2006, 01:51 PM
can you do custom colors? one off colors? i will pay extra for something specific

thanks

b3n_asian_freak
08-08-2006, 01:57 PM
when will seidio have a holster for skinned 8700g????? I need oner asap !

yunone
08-08-2006, 02:03 PM
when will seidio have a holster for skinned 8700g????? I need oner asap !

why wont the 8700c holster work?

adamlau
08-08-2006, 11:11 PM
The polymer skin adds extra height and width to the device. Holsters designed for skinned devices provide those very height and width clearances. Standard issue holsters do not. Awesome! I had a few questions about this case, namely:

1. Does the swivel clip have a sleeper magnet?
2. Is the clip the improved clip listed here:

8700C/R COMBO (PREMIUM SKIN CASE/SWIVEL CLIP SKINNED HOLSTER) (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=323)

3. Will this case fit an 8700c w/ extended battery door? If not, is such a case planned?

yunone
08-09-2006, 12:45 PM
The polymer skin adds extra height and width to the device. Holsters designed for skinned devices provide those very height and width clearances. Standard issue holsters do not. Awesome! I had a few questions about this case, namely:

1. Does the swivel clip have a sleeper magnet?
2. Is the clip the improved clip listed here:

8700C/R COMBO (PREMIUM SKIN CASE/SWIVEL CLIP SKINNED HOLSTER) (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=323)

3. Will this case fit an 8700c w/ extended battery door? If not, is such a case planned?

good catch, but i was referring to the skinned holster. i have the skin and holster so i dont see how a color change would prevent the standard skinned holster from working in the new color.

SilverSurfer95
08-09-2006, 07:06 PM
This combo includes our Jet Black Premium Skin Case as well as the Swivel Clip Holster that is designed specifically for your SKINNED 8700c/r. Separately, these products are quite effective in providing a more efficient way of using your 8700. Paired together, this combo is an absolute MUST-HAVE for any 8700 user!

NOW WITH NEW ADDED FEATURES:

Sleeper Function
Improved Clip to hold phone even more securely
Features:

Stylish design with the ability to slip your skined Blackberry 8700 in and out of the holster with one hand
Secures your skined Blackberry 8700 in place with the top, bottom, and lower sides all held in
Locking swivel belt clip allows for perfect positioning, while sitting or standing, by rotating the 7 Angles
Easy access to all features including headset jack, serial connector, and volume control
Face-in model - soft, foam pad protects the screen when resting in the holster
Made up of very high impact and high performance plastic (PC-Polycarbonate) to ensure the durability of the holster. It is reliable and can stand constant use.
New and improved clip attachment with metal ring and increased tension to guarantee longer durability
Designed to fully protect skinned Blackberry 8700 screen and keyboard
https://www.seidioonline.com/ProductImages/8700c_SKHLBK.jpg

For more information on this item, please contact christinesilver@<hidden> or visit our product page (https://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=410).

So far I am not impressed with this company. I ordered my skin over a month ago (order#45770) and it may have been dropped in another mailbox slot by our great Cdn Postal Workers. Communications with the Seidio sales org yields no responses. I had to buy another skin on ebay which cost me $11.90 including S&H to Cda. which was a whole lot less than the $29 they charged me. I recommned you shop around.(n)

yunone
08-09-2006, 07:09 PM
would you mind shooting me a PM with that alternate vendor?

thank you

adamlau
08-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Will this case fit an 8700c w/ extended battery door?
"Unfortunately, none of our skins will work with any battery that
changes the form factor of the 8700; there is no way to allow for that stretch and still protect the device." - Order Dept. Seidio, INC.

"The Jet Black Skin Case WILL fit over an 8700c with an extended battery
door." - Christine Silver, Seidio Account Manager

"The skin for the 8700c can only fit with a bare 8700c not with any extended battery or battery door." - Kelvin Chung, Seidio Technical Support

Three seperate departments, three seperate answers...Hmm...

seidioseidio
08-10-2006, 12:26 PM
"Unfortunately, none of our skins will work with any battery that
changes the form factor of the 8700; there is no way to allow for that stretch and still protect the device." - Order Dept. Seidio, INC.

"The Jet Black Skin Case WILL fit over an 8700c with an extended battery
door." - Christine Silver, Seidio Account Manager

"The skin for the 8700c can only fit with a bare 8700c not with any extended battery or battery door." - Kelvin Chung, Seidio Technical Support

Three seperate departments, three seperate answers...Hmm...

Sorry about the confusion. There is no allowance made for the extended battery to fit with any skin currently being offered.. Our current skins will only work with standard sized batteries. Addressing other questions, the holsters that we have available for all the 8700 series are the most updated and do all offer sleep functions. The 8700C/R skin has been finalized and we are waiting for an order that meets our specs. As far as other colors, that is still being considered and will be evaluated based upon how many inquiries we get for off colored skins.

David
davidsilver@<hidden>

bpdunsta
08-13-2006, 07:32 AM
I placed an order yesterday and I just got an email from Seidio that it's on Backorder. Any idea when it's gonna be available?

seidioseidio - any answer to this one? I too placed an order that is in a backordered status and am curious as to when you aniticipate it being available.

Btoot
08-13-2006, 12:03 PM
seidioseidio - any answer to this one? I too placed an order that is in a backordered status and am curious as to when you aniticipate it being available.

Yes me too!

pspiegel
08-13-2006, 11:19 PM
is there any reason why this wouldn't work with the 8700g? I like the case but have a g...

seidioseidio
08-14-2006, 10:17 AM

we took some time to adjust the tooling. The shipping will begin this week.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

seidioseidio
08-14-2006, 10:18 AM
is there any reason why this wouldn't work with the 8700g? I like the case but have a g...

Seidio also offers the black skin for 8700G which is different from the black skin for 8700C

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

seidioseidio
08-15-2006, 12:15 PM
shipment begins today for just BK skin case and BK skin case/holster combo.

David Chang
Seido
dsc@<hidden>

arodweb
08-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Seidio also offers the black skin for 8700G which is different from the black skin for 8700C

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

Any pictures of the 8700g in black? i would like to see how the front looks before i order one

thanks

pspiegel
08-15-2006, 02:08 PM
and is there a belt clip to go with it?

pspiegel
08-15-2006, 05:20 PM
and isn't this the picture of the skin?

seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=393

arodweb
08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
and isn't this the picture of the skin?

seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=393

oooops :oops:

pspiegel
08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
oooops :oops:

i think it looks pretty good.. i just can't find it on their website with the belt clip/combo to order for the 8700g.. i can only find the skin...

bushpilot
08-15-2006, 05:59 PM
cause theyve never come up w/ the combo clip & skin...for the "G" its
one or the other....theyve been saying "next week" for MONTHS !

BlackBerry - >> 8700g - Cases/Holsters (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=872)

and read the CAREFUL WORDS:

SPRING CLIP TYPE - with SLEEPER FUNCTION) **NOT** FOR SKINNED 8700G

pspiegel
08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
will the clip for the skinned 8700c/r work for the skinned g?

seidioseidio
08-16-2006, 10:32 PM
will the clip for the skinned 8700c/r work for the skinned g?

sorry, no, we are working on a clip just for 8700G skin. we will have it ready ASAP.

David Chang
seidio
dsc@<hidden>

yunone
08-16-2006, 10:34 PM
sorry, no, we are working on a clip just for 8700G skin. we will have it ready ASAP.

David Chang
seidio
dsc@<hidden>

hey David

why wont it work?

is the black skin different in size and shape than the normal clear skin?

seidioseidio
08-16-2006, 11:04 PM
hey David

why wont it work?

is the black skin different in size and shape than the normal clear skin?

No, The clear one is same as the black one, but the 8700C is different from 8700G. we want to have a perfect fit for 8700C and 8700G. so, we have two different holsters. one for 8700C which is ready and the other is for 8700G which will be ready shortly. we just need a few days. it takes longer than we expected in tooling. Thank you for the patience

David Chang
seidio
dsc@<hidden>

stevopike
08-17-2006, 11:14 AM
if you put just the skinned BB in your pocket, it it hard to get out? does the skin end up pulling the pocket out?

Thanks

jeproks
08-17-2006, 08:58 PM
I finally received the combo today. Pics to come after I make 10 posts.

jeproks
08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Sorry folks, I'm "padding" my post count so that I can post pic.

bpdunsta
08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
if you put just the skinned BB in your pocket, it it hard to get out? does the skin end up pulling the pocket out?

Thanks

Yes. When I use my clear case, I almost HAVE to use the holster.

jeproks
08-17-2006, 09:05 PM
I just received the Jetblack skin/holster combo and overall fit and finish is great except for the earpiece hole. As you can see on the picture, the 3 holes are actually being covered. I already tried re-adjusting the skin but after I put the BB on the holster, it cover the holes again.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Jeproks/Extra/IMG_1952.jpg

The clear skin below has the earpiece hole centered.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/alice_snowy/8700c_skincase.jpg

seidioseidio
08-18-2006, 01:29 AM
I just received the Jetblack skin/holster combo and overall fit and finish is great except for the earpiece hole. As you can see on the picture, the 3 holes are actually being covered. I already tried re-adjusting the skin but after I put the BB on the holster, it cover the holes again.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Jeproks/Extra/IMG_1952.jpg

The clear skin below has the earpiece hole centered.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/alice_snowy/8700c_skincase.jpg

we are looking into it! 8700C Black skin and clear skin are made from the same tooling. It should fit identically.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

jeproks
08-18-2006, 06:56 AM
we are looking into it! 8700C Black skin and clear skin are made from the same tooling. It should fit identically.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

we took some time to adjust the tooling. The shipping will begin this week.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

I wonder if the hole placement for the earpiece got "moved" when the tooling was adjusted? Everything lines up perfectly except for the earpiece.

seidioseidio
08-18-2006, 02:53 PM
I wonder if the hole placement for the earpiece got "moved" when the tooling was adjusted? Everything lines up perfectly except for the earpiece.

We looked into it today. The BK skin fits as well as clear skin. we will post some pictures to show this later.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

seidioseidio
08-18-2006, 04:11 PM
We looked into it today. The BK skin fits as well as clear skin. we will post some pictures to show this later.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

And here are the pictures:

David
davidsilver@<hidden>

jeproks
08-18-2006, 09:16 PM

David
davidsilver@<hidden>

That is how mine look before I put it in the holster but when I take it out, it looks like the picture that I posted and the earpiece's 3 holes actually gets covered and needs to be adjusted so that I can hear the other person on the line clearly. I hate to re-adjust the skin everytime I use my BB.

mortgageguy
08-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Mines the same way. The earpiece is the only area that is not aligned properly. The molld is just not quite cut right. Other than that, it's a good skin.

jeproks
08-21-2006, 08:32 AM

David
davidsilver@<hidden>

Follow-up:

Looking at your pictures, it seems that you are having the same problem. If the hole is in the right place, it should not show the silver bordering the black trim with the 3 holes on the earpiece up top. When I "pull" the skin over the earpiece, it is cut to the shape of the black trim.

My suggestion will be to add about 2mm of material and cut the hole lower so that when the skin is put on, the hole still lines up.

BTW, I work for an organization that currently have about 1000 8700C deployed and another 600 different flavors of BBs. Everybody that have a 8700C I talk to hates the OEM holster. :wink:

freema22
09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I bought this skin and case, and I am not happy at all. As a matter of fact, I bought 2, one for me and one for my boss. The clip is really cheesy, and makes the holster sit higher on your belt. This causes me to get stabbed in the side if I turn the wrong way. I ordered it before I went out of the country for business and got it after I returned. Because I can not return it after 14 days, I guess I am just out the money.

Mike F

SilverSurfer95
09-21-2006, 02:51 PM

Lucky you. I can't believe these guys! I ordered mine in May and I am still waiting. What service!

freema22
09-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Lucky you. I can't believe these guys! I ordered mine in May and I am still waiting. What service!

I'd save your money and cancel your order. Or I can sell you one or both of mine for a reasonable price.

Mike F

plchan
10-06-2006, 06:27 PM
i was considering to purchase the black skin for 8700g for testing before I suggest any skins to our organization. after I read a mix comment, especially the ear piece situation, I would hate to purchase something which I need to readjust it every single time. I especially dislike the fact that I might need to say "Can you hear me know?" because the ear piece gets covered and I might thought the other side of the phone who might not hear me correct.