PDA

View Full Version : BB 8700g Unlocked with MMode

Levi
07-25-2006, 06:23 PM
I am new to Blackberry 8700 and i just switched over from Treo 650. On my Treo i had a unlimited MMode plan and i was satisfied with it. What i am trying to do is to use my AT&T MMode on my blackberry 8700g which is unlocked and i just cannot get it to work. All i am getting is data connection refused and i don't even have a browser installed. I read up a lot on this forum and followed carefully the instructions but it's not happening. Can anyone help me. My phone works excellent!!

i must add that i have changed the TCP setting to proxy and left all the other fields blank as recommended.

When i unlocked the unit this morning i only unlocked 1 item. was i supposed to unlock diffrent things?

d_fisher
07-25-2006, 09:23 PM
A BlackBerry requires a specific BlackBerry data plan. No BlackBerry data plan, no email or web.

NJBlackBerry
07-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Just to be sure - you must have a BlackBerry Data Plan. Not MMode. A BlackBerry Data Plan...

Good luck.

Levi
07-25-2006, 09:27 PM
as per BB support you can use any data plan on a blackberry but you wont get the push features. you will be able to get email and basic internet.

Pizzle
07-25-2006, 11:06 PM
You're wrong. No Blackberry Data Plan = No service books = No access to features.

Won't work with MMode. Won't work with Cingular's MediaNet. And so on.

Period.

Stinsonddog
07-25-2006, 11:14 PM
You're wrong. No Blackberry Data Plan = No service books = No access to features.

Period.

All so true. Need that 29.99 plan to go.

wclyffe
07-26-2006, 08:32 AM

Period.

Have to have a Blackberry Plan, but I think the T-Mobile plan/service will end up saving you money. I switched over from ATT and I am saving quite a lot for more minutes plus the BB plan.