PDA

View Full Version : New 7130E and 2 questions

john45
07-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I just got a new 7130E and love it. I do have two questions though.

1. What is a good case for this? the Verizon one is awful, I am looking for something that protects it and is easy to get out when it rings.

2. How do I change the option to go straight to my inbox when I open messages?

Thank You

d_fisher
07-25-2006, 11:47 PM
1. What is a good case for this? the Verizon one is awful, I am looking for something that protects it and is easy to get out when it rings.Good cases are personal preference. Check out some of the reviews (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-reviews/) and look at what some of the forum sponsers (http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberryforums-com-sponsors/) have to offer.

2. How do I change the option to go straight to my inbox when I open messages?Not exactly, but you can make the message ribbon look more like the inbox your expecting. Go to Messages > Options > General Settings. Change Hide Sent Messages and Hide Filed Messages to Yes. Then go to Phone > Options > Call Logging and set it to None.

adamlau
07-25-2006, 11:48 PM
1. What is a good case for [the 7130e]?
See the Seidio SWIVEL CLIP HOLSTER (CRADLE TYPE - with SLEEPER FUNCTION) (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=273) or wait 3-4 weeks for the the upcoming Seidio polymer skin for the 7130e. Presumably to be released with a matching holster...

2. How do I change the option to go straight to my inbox...
Set your Front Convenience Key Opens: Messages to gain one-key access to your device Inbox.

07-26-2006, 12:00 AM
If you are talking about the cheap drop in elastic case provided with the BB, I agree. On the other hand, I am very happy with the verizon case (24.99) at the retail stores. It is a leather case with a flip top that comes in brown/black. I have found that it is very user friendly, and comes with the added protection of the flap. My BB looks like the day I got it. It also looks professional, which I was after for work.

07-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Forgot to add-- you might want to do a search on the case options, there are enough to make your head hurt. Personally, I am waiting for a good looking skin that is durable and easy to put on. haven't found one yet...

micohoe
07-26-2006, 02:08 AM
i just ordered the krusell case for the 7130e...the "classic" one that is a tight fit. i've heard both good and bad reviews for it. i should be getting it tomorrow, so i'll try it out and review it for you. if it's not that good, i might sell it on ebay and wait till the seido skin comes out in a couple of weeks.

john45
07-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for everyones help.

drichman
09-05-2006, 06:57 PM
I have a phenomenal case from an Ebay store, Mobil Gear...leather with magnetic flip cover and swiveling clip. Absolutely spectacular and the seller is great to work with. His email address is mobilgear@<hidden>. Check him out.

daves
09-06-2006, 08:06 AM
the blackberry branded leather case is also pretty good...looks decent and is very easy to use.. I think I ordered mine from bberry (they advertise here) for around $20 plus shipping... liked it better than some of the others but the post above is right - it's all about personal preference (except for one thing which is make sure you get a case with the magnet in it to support shutting off the screen and doing other features when you 'holster' it. If you just get a generic case that pyhsically fits the BB but wasn't made for a BB, it won't have that magic little magnet that adds good features for you).