PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Server Nextel Web Client settings

komara
03-02-2005, 10:01 AM
I am running BWC to push my exhange server e-mail to my Nextel 7520 and it is not working. Nextel tells me it is because my firewall/exchage settings at work are not allowing the BWC to pull the messages. Any ideas?

yahtzee
03-02-2005, 10:21 AM
I am running BWC to push my exhange server e-mail to my Nextel 7520 and it is not working. Nextel tells me it is because my firewall/exchage settings at work are not allowing the BWC to pull the messages. Any ideas?

most of the time when this is happening, its because folks have their office PC's on and messages are pulled from the server prior to BWC grabbing them. is this the case?

komara
03-03-2005, 08:46 AM
most of the time when this is happening, its because folks have their office PC's on and messages are pulled from the server prior to BWC grabbing them. is this the case?

No--I travel with my laptop and on Monday and Tuesday I didn't have it on. I was counting on the BWC to pull the e-mails off of my exchange server and push them to my 7520. It didn't happen.[/quote]

Brad00111
03-03-2005, 10:14 AM

do you have the option to forward your exchange emails to the BWC address, thats the only way i can see around this problem, unless you go BES.

EDITED: Even with the BES, im think it may not work entirely right if you cannot forward your emails. Someone maybe with a little more BES experience may be able to help.

komara
03-03-2005, 02:16 PM
do you have the option to forward your exchange emails to the BWC address, thats the only way i can see around this problem, unless you go BES.

EDITED: Even with the BES, im think it may not work entirely right if you cannot forward your emails. Someone maybe with a little more BES experience may be able to help.

That's what I ended up doing through my school's IT department. I stripped off the e-mail forwarding from the BWC setup and things seem to be working ok now. Thanks for all who gave help/suggestions.