PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry in China

simonwinch
07-26-2006, 10:23 AM
For the last month I have been using my Cingular Blackberry perfectly happily in China, even in the remotest parts - managing to collect all my e-mails and, to my great surprise accessing the net - including getting to forbidden sites such as the BBC.
However, about three days ago I stopped receiving the China Mobile GPRS signal, and a message 'Data Connection Refused' came up instead. In short, the Blackberry no longer works.
Has anyone else had the same experience - and is this, so far as one can tell, the result of Chinese government action. If it is I'm hardly surprised - but saddened, it has to be said. The other day I was stuck in the Gobi Desert with a broken sump in my car (no oil, in other words) and with a working Blackberry managed to find a hotel a hundred miles away who sent out a rescue car and a wrecker. Such delights seem no longer likely to be available.

scotth
07-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Two options - either the Chinese cellular company is having trouble with their data network, or the data provisioning on your account is misconfigured. The last scenario happens randomly with Cingular, so I would call 1.916.843.4685 (international customer care for Cingular)