PDA

View Full Version : Strange "Path must contain a slash" error

jhenryBzz
07-27-2006, 11:01 AM
I have a T-Mobile Blackberry 7290. Recently, it has begun popping up a message that reads "Uncaught exception: path must contain a slash". Googleing for this phrase returns zero results, and I am kind of at a loss as to what to do.

At the suggestion of another post (which this forum software is refusing to allow me to link :-x ) I put the Cable and Wireless version of Blackberry OS 4.1 on the device. Since then, this message has repeatedly come up. The exact version is 4.10.256 (Platform 1.8.0.143). The C&W version was supposed to resolve errors I was getting about "Null pointer exception", which it did.

This error appears seemingly at random. I powered the device on, left it untouched for 15 minutes, and came back to see it on the screen. If I click OK repeatedly, it eventually goes away for a few minutes.

Has anyone ever heard of this error? Any ideas what I can do to resolve it? I can try contacting T-Mobile, but I am sure the first thing they will tell me us to put on their version of the OS. Which was trigging the Null Pointer exception mentioned above. Some help would really be appreciated!

- Jon

jhenryBzz
07-27-2006, 11:04 AM
The post I wanted to link to was at:

blackberryforums DOT pinstack DOT com/archive/index.php?t-2297.html

Replace dots with .