PDA

View Full Version : New user Help! Stops making calls

harvgill
07-27-2006, 02:01 PM
On my 7100t, if I take out the battery and let the unit reinitialize, everything will work fine. I can make many calls. But then all of a sudden it will not connect the call. Still shows Rogers as the network, but if I turn the radio off and on again, it will not pick up the network. It'll say out of coverage. Can't do anything to get it to work again, except pull out the battery and restart.
If anyone can send me some past links or provide some info it would be great.

adamlau
07-27-2006, 02:15 PM
May be a temporary Rogers network issue. May be the fact that you are making calls in an area with fringe reception. NMLL (see Geek Tips under BlackBerry Tips, Tricks, and Keypress Shortcuts (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/19-blackberry-tips-tricks.html) to examine relative signal strengths (by way of device transmissions measured in dBm) in the areas where you make calls.

harvgill
07-27-2006, 02:32 PM
dBm looks good. Signal strength is the same while the phone is working and when it's not. It's around 90dbm. The phones been messed up for a while. Don't think it's temporary.
Is there something specific that happens when you reinitialize the phone after taking out the battery, that you can't do while the phone is on.