PDA

View Full Version : Call Blocking Feature and the BB 7130e

SabreNemesis
07-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi all! I performed a search on this topic; however, there are no specific instructions on how to go about the process without having to purchase any third-party software. Anyway, does anyone here know how to block unknown and private numbers? I prefer to forward such calls directly to my voicemail without my 7130e ringing. Thanks in advance for your help!

evilcaptain
07-28-2006, 08:28 AM
You can try to go into the the profiles and create an exception that filters for the word unknown and set it to mute and quiet.

SabreNemesis
07-28-2006, 04:37 PM
You can try to go into the the profiles and create an exception that filters for the word unknown and set it to mute and quiet.

I attempted to filter for the word unknown; however, I can only set certain specific people on my ignore exception list. Anyone else knows how to effectively set the 7130e to once and for all mute calls from private/unknown numbers? Thank you.

mike_187
07-28-2006, 07:43 PM
well you can only set it to ring for imprtant calls and those are the users in your address book i belive.

SabreNemesis
07-28-2006, 10:16 PM
well you can only set it to ring for imprtant calls and those are the users in your address book i belive.

Okay, here is what I did:

1. I enabled the "Quiet" profile to "active" mode.
2. I checkmarked "Important Calls" which included names of people from my
address book and saved.

Is there something else I need to configure to allow only those people in #2 to get through with my 7130e ringing? I think that something else is missing.

HELP!!!

SabreNemesis
07-29-2006, 07:16 AM
Anyone???