PDA

View Full Version : Re - Bis

atuarre
07-29-2006, 05:24 AM
Is Cingular having problems with their BIS 2.0? My Google Mail is not going into my Blackberry. I have not received mail from Google or AOL in a looong time, but these mailboxes clearly have mail when you check them through their respective websites.

BERDucky
07-29-2006, 07:16 AM
Goggle - disable POP access; save; enable POP access from this point on. Once you have about 400 messages on Gmails POP server it stops working - doing these steps will clear the POP server and start it working...untill you hit 400 messages again ;o)

AOL - sign into mail.aol.com and set up a unified inbox (i believe it'settings -> display settings). BIS checks the inbox only - and AOL has it set up that when you read email it moves out of the inbox to an "old mail" folder - hence why BIS doesn't grab them for you

hope this helps

atuarre
07-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Goggle - disable POP access; save; enable POP access from this point on. Once you have about 400 messages on Gmails POP server it stops working - doing these steps will clear the POP server and start it working...untill you hit 400 messages again ;o)

AOL - sign into mail.aol.com and set up a unified inbox (i believe it'settings -> display settings). BIS checks the inbox only - and AOL has it set up that when you read email it moves out of the inbox to an "old mail" folder - hence why BIS doesn't grab them for you

hope this helps

Since I set it up on my Blackberry I have not been checking it through the AOL website.

I just disabled and re-enabled POP access on gmail. We will see if this resolves the problem.

I use BES so I am not affected, I have a reliable e-mail address but I use that gmail address to receive certain information and it woul dbe nice if I could get that information when I need it via my Blackberry

atuarre
07-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Since I set it up on my Blackberry I have not been checking it through the AOL website.

I just disabled and re-enabled POP access on gmail. We will see if this resolves the problem.

I use BES so I am not affected, I have a reliable e-mail address but I use that gmail address to receive certain information and it woul dbe nice if I could get that information when I need it via my Blackberry

Hell...now BIS e-mail through Google is coming in instantly...

Never had that happen before. I always thought it polled but I am having messages delivered instantaenous