PDA

View Full Version : text message problems

naynar
07-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I tried searching for this but nothing really gave me a straight answer so I apologize if this has been answered a million times:

I have a 8700g bb with t-mobile and my best friend lives in Canada, usually we have no problems text messaging each other, infact we send probably 20 back and forth each day. Today she upgraded from a little flip phone to one of those pocket pcs, the "PPC 6700" from sprint, and ever since then I don't seem to be receiving her text messages. Whenever I send her one she gets it but then when she replies I get maybe 1 out of every 5 text messages. Does anyone know what could be causing the problems? Is it my network? Hers? I have no idea but it's pretty frustrating not getting any of her texts :(

thanks for any advice

Fkewl
08-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Easy way would have her call her provider

Pizzle
08-01-2006, 02:48 PM
I, too, recommend calling the provider, though I'm not sure how much help it will be.

My BF has Sprint, too, and there was a period of time where she wouldn't get mine, or I wouldn't get her's, but I'd have no issues with anyone else. We determined it to be a Sprint issue.

Seems to be working fine for us, now, though...

SomeoneElsesDiary
08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
I tried searching for this but nothing really gave me a straight answer so I apologize if this has been answered a million times:

I have a 8700g bb with t-mobile and my best friend lives in Canada, usually we have no problems text messaging each other, infact we send probably 20 back and forth each day. Today she upgraded from a little flip phone to one of those pocket pcs, the "PPC 6700" from sprint, and ever since then I don't seem to be receiving her text messages. Whenever I send her one she gets it but then when she replies I get maybe 1 out of every 5 text messages. Does anyone know what could be causing the problems? Is it my network? Hers? I have no idea but it's pretty frustrating not getting any of her texts :(

thanks for any advice
I kind of have that problem too. Or there is a long delay in getting a reply back. I usually just power my phone off for a few seconds and when I turn it back on, I get the messages. Kind of weird. I am with Sprint/Nextel.

lj2kplus
08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I had a similar problem. My b.berry is on Cingular and I could not send messages to my friend's Verizon phone. In the b.berry it showed as being seny, but the message never arrived. I called Cingular and their internal technical support (not b.berry support) was able to fix the problem.

So all that to say, have the sender check their carrier because they may somehow be blocking the messages from going out.

byron
08-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I may be way off here but since when does sprint offer service in canada? If your friend is in an 'extended area' for sprint there is no guarantee they are going to receive any of your messages.

That is odd though if they were receiving them fine until upgrading. Is there a chance your friend is in a differen area now and thus on a different network?