PDA

View Full Version : 8700c/Cingular - Hotmail Plus messages coming in as blank!!

platbb5
07-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi, I have a new 8700c / Cingular.

I configured my hotmail plus account for email with the Blackberry, and it has been working great! Until the past four days or so. Now about half of the hotmail messages that are pushed to my blackberry are totally empty upon viewing. I can see the Sender's name, but that is it. The rest is totally blank. Upon logging in to hotmail with my desktop, I can read the entire messages as they were sent.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggested or known fixes?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I searched at length before posting this question, and couldn't find the answers. Sorry if it seems like I should have been able to resolve this through search!! :smile:

Texas_Traveler
07-31-2006, 05:40 AM
I posted this yesterday:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/42429-body-emails-missing-anyone-else.html

Looks like there is a problem.

platbb5
07-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Interesting to see that I am not the only one. I wonder if this is limited to hotmail or if it is happening with any and all types of email accounts?

okie_ka
07-31-2006, 07:45 PM
same issues lately with gmail...

rsaverin
08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
I spoke for about 2 hours yesterday with RIM support, and they say that this problem I am having is not supported by them as the emails are in HTML and they only support plain text emails !
RIM says that they have not received any complaints about this problem.
I suggest that everyone that has this problem call RIM support and complain so then maybe they will fix it sooner than later.

In order to speak directly to RIM if you have a Cingular, Verizon, ect account, one must go through Cingular, Verizon first, ask to speak to BlackBerry Support and Ask them to transfer the call to RIM support.

rsaverin
08-01-2006, 04:44 PM
I suggest everybody call your carrier's BlackBerry Support and make them call RIM while you are on the phone and then you can talk to RIM yourseld and explain & complain about the problem(EMAIL BLANK BODY). This is the only way to contact RIM, it must be through each of the individual carriers (Cingular, Verizon, etc)
The more people complain to RIM the faster they will resolve this really anoying issue !

platbb5
08-02-2006, 01:15 AM
anyone else having this problem?

rsaverin
08-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Please take a look ate the followin thread. Thanks

Name: Missing email body