PDA

View Full Version : Double email messages

MMB916
07-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Hi All,
I am receiving double messages from my main email address. I am on BIS and I haven't changed any forwarding rules. I am not receiving double messages on my PC. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thabk you, Mara

allenranger2
07-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Did you by any chance BCC yourself from BIS setup?

MMB916
07-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Good thought but no. Its so odd that this just started happening.

allenranger2
07-31-2006, 04:07 PM
Umm...how about making sure that you have only one of the CMIME service books for that particular address? I dont think it's possible to have multiple, but I guess you never know.

MMB916
07-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Thank you so very much for the suggestion. I am a little more then "new" to the BB - how would I go about doing that?

MMB916
07-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi,
I figured out how to check the Service Books. Only one of each. Then I resent them from my PC to see if that would make a difference. So far nothing (n)

Umm...how about making sure that you have only one of the CMIME service books for that particular address? I dont think it's possible to have multiple, but I guess you never know.

tonydrone
08-01-2006, 06:55 AM
If you have Forwarding set on your Mac mail.. and have your mac address set up on BIS as an IMAP or POP, that would result in a duplicate message. Hopefully this isnt the case, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

MMB916
08-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Definitely worth checking but I didn't have it set-up like that.

All of the ideas and thoughts are helpful. I just know one will work.

Thank you.

If you have Forwarding set on your Mac mail.. and have your mac address set up on BIS as an IMAP or POP, that would result in a duplicate message. Hopefully this isnt the case, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

MMB916
08-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Thank you. Thank you.

I think you hit on something. I went to check my account with Earthlink via Webmail. Well....I'm showing my age http://70.87.72.152/default/images/smilies/eek.gif , I did in fact make a change.

I read on the forums last week that if you set-up forwarding on Web Mail that it's faster for delivery for your email - otherwise there is a delay. So I did set up forwarding on Web Mail. But what is odd, is that for two days it didn't work, so I thought I put all of my settings back to their original state however, I missed that step. Then for some reason, I guess forwarding started working, thus the two copies.

When I mentioned two accounts I was speaking of my main Earthlink account and mycingular account w/blackberry.net. I have those two accounts set-up via the website you provided.

As far as forwarding vs. having mycingular.blackberry check the accounts, do you know what I mean when I speak of the delay in receiving email? It looks like I have to pick one set-up or the other. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Again, thank you so very much for jogging my memory http://70.87.72.152/default/images/smilies/smile.gif with your thoughts.

http://70.87.72.152/default/images/smilies/hello.gif

allenranger2
08-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Ahh cool! congrats on your fix :-).

MMB916
08-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks so very much, allenranger2. It's always such a great relief and fun to solve technological issues.(y)

Ahh cool! congrats on your fix :-).