PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for advice on a 7130e

c0y0te
08-01-2006, 12:02 AM
I just purchased a 7130e and have been messing around with it. Downloaded a few things and found that setting a profile was needed right away since I had no "ring" for incoming calls and spent 1/2 hour looking in the tools section were most mobile phones keep those settings. Anyway...

Is there a tool or program available to control the main screen? I have about 3 games on there now and it would be nice to place them into one folder. Is this possible? What about deleting icons which I will never use?

Thanks in advance.

JT

drf
08-01-2006, 10:51 AM
There's no way to create a folder in the home screen. You can delete icons on your home screen by going to options -> advanced options -> applications and then select the program you want to delete. Hope this helps.

AnthroMatt
08-01-2006, 10:57 AM
There's no way to create a folder in the home screen. You can delete icons on your home screen by going to options -> advanced options -> applications and then select the program you want to delete. Hope this helps.
That will delete the programs, not just the icons. To hide the icons (in case you need the program later) press the ALT key then press the trackwheel button. An option to hide or move the application will appear. Scroll to the choice you desire and click the wheel again.

option94
08-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

It would be nice if you could actually put things in the application folder.

c0y0te
08-01-2006, 02:48 PM
So no matter how many applications you have they are all going to be on the main screen? Boy it would be nice to slide similar applications into one folder to limit the scrolling.

Thanks.

NJBlackBerry
08-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Different themes handle games/apps differently. Some themes put apps in an Applications folder. Others don't.

However, today it is not possible for you to move applications from one folder to another.

Yes, all icons will appear on one screen. And you can hide those you don't use and move the others around.

AnthroMatt
08-01-2006, 02:54 PM
You can switch to a list-based theme...this usually places most items into the Applications folder. Otherwise, you will need to hide/move icons around to suit your liking.

micohoe
08-01-2006, 02:58 PM
So no matter how many applications you have they are all going to be on the main screen? Boy it would be nice to slide similar applications into one folder to limit the scrolling.

Thanks.

as was posted a post or two above this...you can hide the applications on the homescreen that you want. just press ALT + click the trackwheel, and then "Hide" the application. if, you decide later on that you actually want to see those icons again, then just click ALT + trackwheel and then "show all" i found this to be really useful, and now i don't have that much "clutter" on my screen

hope this helps

c0y0te
08-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the info on the hide/move - why dont they explain this in detail in the manual?

Anyway... What themes do you all recomment since I have not utilized one yet?

NJBlackBerry
08-01-2006, 03:02 PM
There are loads of tips and tricks at the top of the General BlackBerry Discussion forum. Check that out.

Check out the Ringtones, Themes and Wallpapers forum where there are literally thousands of themes there.