PDA

View Full Version : Calendar sync. issues

schutj
08-01-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm getting this message when trying to sync the calendar from my PC to my BB. Your messaging server does not support wireless synchronization . When I'm in the Desktop manager and under configure PIM and I have the sync. set for Blackberry Wireless Sync. I checked the BESAdmin account and it has the right permissions on the exchange server. We are using version 4.1 on the server

d_fisher
08-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Why are you trying to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync if your BES server is configured to sync wirelessly? You can either sync wirelessly or wired, not both.

schutj
08-01-2006, 10:36 AM
We can't get the calendar items to sync. from outlook. On the BB the calendar sync. is enabled. Is there a setting on the blackberry server that needs to be turned on?

takeshi
08-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Why are you trying to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync if your BES server is configured to sync wirelessly? You can either sync wirelessly or wired, not both.
But you should be able to toggle the setting within Desktop Manager/Intellisync as well as on the handheld itself.

BBQueen
08-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Yes, there is a setting on the BES server that needs to be set for wireless PIM synchronization, but then, you probably figured that out by now.

We have a situation currently where the BES for Exchange is set to wirelessly synchronize the calendar, yet one user's calendar is not synchronizing, while everything else is. Does anyone know if this has more to do with Exchange or with the handheld (7250)? Unlike the address book synchronization, there is no option under the calendar's options to allow/disallow wireless synchronization.