PDA

View Full Version : Weird New Icon After Unlocking

ProvingGrounds
08-01-2006, 07:32 PM
I just unlocked my 7100G with the help of Cingular's CS, and right after I rebooted I noticed a new small "icon" shaped like a blue triangle pointing upwards right between where it says "GPRS" and the signal gauge. ANyone knows what that is for?!

The icon will disappear if I turn wireless off. So it seems to be related to network connectivity.

ProvingGrounds
08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
By the way, if you are looking to unlock your 7100G do not call Cingular's regualr CS. Call the International Customer Service line and they WILL give you the unlock code.

John Clark
08-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I just unlocked my 7100G with the help of Cingular's CS, and right after I rebooted I noticed a new small "icon" shaped like a blue triangle pointing upwards right between where it says "GPRS" and the signal gauge. ANyone knows what that is for?!

The icon will disappear if I turn wireless off. So it seems to be related to network connectivity.

If you scroll to the top of the home screen does the blue triangle move to the bottom? Sometimes there is a blue triangle telling you that there are more icons to view if you scroll up or down.

ProvingGrounds
08-01-2006, 07:58 PM
You are talking about the bar icons all the way to the right... This is different.
Screenshot attached

Texas_Traveler
08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
My guess would be that the blue triangle is a roaming indicator. Normally a Cingular phone does not let you know when you are roaming on a "partner" network (since Cingular does not charge for this type of roaming).

It depends on the MNC code programmed onto your SIM and the MNC codes & network providoer in your area. It is quite possible that the blue triangle might be on all the time in some situations (your SIM is for the 310-380 network and you are in an area that has been migrated to 310-410 for example).

John Clark
08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
That makes sense....better than my answer!

ProvingGrounds
08-01-2006, 08:45 PM
I think that makes perfect sense (though I am in Washington DC and I am 99.9% sure I am not roaming). Maybe it is because of my AT&T SIM?

Steve
08-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Wirelessly posted (Cingular-Blue 7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/101)

Yes. It may be your ATTW Sim. Both my wife's and my original 7290s had it after Cingular flipped the switched the ATTW towers here. My refurb'd replacement does not have it.

Steve

stlduckhunter
08-02-2006, 06:30 AM
I have a Cingular phone that is unlocked and the blue triangle appears when I put in a different Sim card. I am sure that the ATT is not being recognized as native and consequently turning on the alert.