PDA

View Full Version : CAN YOU USE A BLACKBERRY ON FIDO (canada)

FATZBERRY
08-01-2006, 11:17 PM
I have an unlocked blackberry 8700g

Iam on FIDO.....but FIDO..... does not support Blackberry..... can i still program the WAP ....GPRS....APN ...settings to at least pull/download email.....via POP3?

like the treo 600 did?

any advise on how to program it or jus any advise?

THANK U
(y)

NJBlackBerry
08-02-2006, 05:27 AM
You can not use a BlackBerry on the Fido network. You MUST have a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use a BlackBerry; since Fido doesn't offer it, you can't do anything beyond voice and SMS.

Advice: use another carrier.

Lex Luthor
08-02-2006, 09:23 AM
I have an unlocked blackberry 8700g

Iam on FIDO.....but FIDO..... does not support Blackberry..... can i still program the WAP ....GPRS....APN ...settings to at least pull/download email.....via POP3?

like the treo 600 did?

any advise on how to program it or jus any advise?

THANK U
(y)

On Fido you can ONLY use a BlackBerry for voice & sms. If you want wireless data connectivity then you're going to have to go to Rogers if you have a GSM BlackBerry.

zincoxide
08-23-2007, 10:26 AM
You CAN use the blackberry on Fido.

I have the 8700c which I have had unlocked and I have ordered the blackberry connect plan and it works perfectly. I'm in the process of setting up the GCal syncronization which is proving a little difficult but you can definitely get Emails, SMS, Blackberry messenger, internet and of course the phone!

MissKalunji
08-24-2007, 12:52 AM
yeah u can im using my 8100 on fido with bb connect for almost 3 months just got my bill and everything seems fine now

toemaytoe
08-28-2007, 12:56 AM
I've got a blackberry 8700g that I have used with fido for several months now. I have the fido city plan ($40 per month unlimited calling) that I will never give up and I tried the blackberry connect that fido is offering. It worked flawlessly and I haven't had any real problems from day one. I also know from personal experience that there are a few fido customer service reps that contribute to this forum and they are doing the same thing. The only time you might have a problem is when you have to get customer service from fido and they can't help you if you are using a blackberry phone. Not to fear though, there's all the help you need on this forum. In fact, one of the fido reps when he was trying to help me put me on hold and asked the question here. Good enough for a fido service rep, good enough for me.

John Clark
08-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah, this is a year old thread. The FIDO services have changed since this thread started a year ago. Glad to hear FIDO is working better for BB users.

chantal5303
09-17-2007, 06:18 PM
How can I get it on my 8700c like settings on the blackberry. Where do I find the setting. Please help. email me at ashlley19@<hidden>

Thanks

You CAN use the blackberry on Fido.

I have the 8700c which I have had unlocked and I have ordered the blackberry connect plan and it works perfectly. I'm in the process of setting up the GCal syncronization which is proving a little difficult but you can definitely get Emails, SMS, Blackberry messenger, internet and of course the phone!