PDA

View Full Version : Call forwarding on 8700g?

ARM0001
08-02-2006, 06:30 AM
I have thoroughly went through all menu options and have not found the call forwarding options. I read the guide on blackberry.com tmobile.com searched through forums and it said
In the phone options, click Call Forwarding.
Click the type of calls to forward.
Click Do Not Forward or the current forwarding phone number.
Click Change Number.
Click a forwarding phone number.
Click the trackwheel.
Click Save.

I don't have such options? Is my phone locked or am I missing something like an OS patch?

The version of the OS is v4.1.0.284 (Platform 2.0.0.120)

finch
08-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Phone app --> Options --> Call Forwarding --> you should see a foward all calls option --> click and edit for the no. you wish to forward to.

ARM0001
08-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Phone app --> Options --> Call Forwarding --> you should see a foward all calls option --> click and edit for the no. you wish to forward to.

I do not have the option for call forwarding. Here is my menu layout

When I click on the options menu in the home screen this is the list I see

About
Advanced Options -> Applications, Browser, Browser Push, Cell Broadcast, Enterprise Activation, Host Routing Table, Message Services, Service Book, SIM Card, TCP
Auto On/Off
Auto Text
Bluetooth
Date/Time
Language
MMS
Network
Owner
Screen/Keyboard
Security Options
SMS
Status
Theme

NJBlackBerry
08-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Phone app
Not options

Go into the phone application; click the wheel and selection Options.

ARM0001
08-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Phone app
Not options

Go into the phone application; click the wheel and selection Options.

in the Phone Applications option I dont have OPTIONS, all I have is the list of Applications and Services that are installed (Blackberry 4.1 Core Applications, Input Support, Language and Input Support, etc....

When I click the trackwheel on each option I get View Properties, Modules, Edit Default Permissions

mister.zero
08-02-2006, 12:33 PM
in the Phone Applications option I dont have OPTIONS, all I have is the list of Applications and Services that are installed (Blackberry 4.1 Core Applications, Input Support, Language and Input Support, etc....

When I click the trackwheel on each option I get View Properties, Modules, Edit Default Permissions

Open the phone screen like you're making a phone call (My Number at the top, list of numbers called below) and CLICK the wheel. This will bring up the menu everyone is referring to.

ARM0001
08-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Geez I just spoke to Tmobile customer support and actually the option for call forwarding is in the Call Log option in the home screen. Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Manual isn't even useful for anything!

NJBlackBerry
08-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Or, you could have followed our instructions....

ARM0001
08-02-2006, 12:49 PM
You guys didn't mention that the call forwarding option was in the Call Log section of the home screen :)

NJBlackBerry
08-02-2006, 12:56 PM
CALL LOG = PHONE APPLICATION

No one refers to it as the "Call Log". It's the phone dialer..

joginder
08-02-2006, 12:56 PM
congratulations friend.. we @<hidden> forums are happy that it worked for you ..
LOL

ARM0001
08-02-2006, 12:58 PM
CALL LOG = PHONE APPLICATION

No one refers to it as the "Call Log". It's the phone dialer..

I didn't know the BBForum jargon 8-) but thanks a lot for your help guys!

orionpower
08-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Call Forwarding:

Forward all calls: Unconditionally forwards all calls made to your phone to another location, such as another phone number or voice mail. This setting, if activated, overrides all other types of conditional forwarding mentioned below.
Forward if busy: Forwards calls to another location if you are using your phone and you have either disabled call waiting or if you are in the process of making an outgoing call.
Forward if no answer: Will forward calls to another location if the call is not answered after a set period of time.
Forward if unreachable: Forwards calls to another location if the handset is off or outside a service area.
Forward All Calls (Unconditional) - Activate *21*[10 digits]#
- Cancel & De-register ##21#
- Cancel & Retain #21#
- Status *#21#
- Re-establish *21#
Forward if Out of Reach - Activate *62*[10 digits]#
- Cancel & De-register ##62#
- Cancel & Retain #62#
- Status *#62#
- Re-establish *62#
Forward if No reply - Activate *61*[10 digits]#
- Cancel & De-register ##61#
- Cancel & Retain #61#
- Status *#61#
- Re-establish *61#
Forward if Busy - Activate *67*[10 digits]#
- Cancel & De-register ##67#
- Cancel & Retain #67#
- Status *#67#
- Re-establish *67#
Perform all 4 forwards - Activate *002*[10 digits]#
- Cancel & De-register ##002#
- Cancel & Retain #002#
- Re-establish *002#
- No status code possible, the status has to be requested for each forwarding type.
Perform all 3 Conditional Forwards - Activate *004*[10 digits]#
- Cancel & De-register ##004#
- Cancel & Retain #004#
- Re-establish *004#
- No status code possible, the status has to be requested for each forwarding type.
Foward if no Reply with a delay (5 seconds equal 1 ring, max. delay is 30 seconds, 5 seconds increment) :
- Activate **61*(10 digits)**(Amount of seconds)#
Forwarding while analog roaming - Prefix *99 (Automatically generated by the handset)