PDA

View Full Version : xm radio

mikehage
08-02-2006, 06:54 AM
does anyone know if there's a way to get xm satellite radio on your blackberry 71xx???

NJBlackBerry
08-02-2006, 06:55 AM
No; not at this time.

pgrokkos
08-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know if the lack of an XM or Sirius Satellite Radio player for blackberries is a structural limitation or is it just a matter of no one writing the correct software for it?

For Windows mobile units, some creative people wrote free programs that let you get it. Since we are starting to see people write programs that allow you to play MP3 files, I'd imagine that its just a software issue.

I haven't tried using Opera to enter the Sirius web site and try and play the streams but image that it won't work.

fizz
08-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know if the lack of an XM or Sirius Satellite Radio player for blackberries is a structural limitation or is it just a matter of no one writing the correct software for it?

For Windows mobile units, some creative people wrote free programs that let you get it. Since we are starting to see people write programs that allow you to play MP3 files, I'd imagine that its just a software issue.

I haven't tried using Opera to enter the Sirius web site and try and play the streams but image that it won't work.

I know what your talking about, I have SiriusCE for my iPaq and it works great. could be a memory limitation with BB's and/or just a matter of the program being created.