PDA

View Full Version : How do I set the phone so SMS rings when in holster?

scottvin
08-02-2006, 09:06 AM
I believe I have set the phone correctly but it does not ring with my SMS messages. It seems to require messages to be set to ring as well.

Current Settings:
Messenger - Alert: None
Messenger - New Messages: None
SMS: Vibrate + Tone

It will not ring or vibrate when I get SMS messages.

Thanks!

juwaack68
08-02-2006, 09:10 AM
First thing I would do is pop out the battery for 30 seconds and see if that resolves it.

2nd thing is to verify that you're receiving a true SMS msg vs. a text message. On my device I get different icons for SMS vs. text message....

scottvin
08-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Ahh, so a true SMS message is different than a text message? How do you know what is SMS or text?

The weird thing this that I have the light indicator set the same way as the tones and the light indicator is working as it should be.

Blinks amber ONLY when someone sends me a text or SMS.

mike_187
08-02-2006, 10:11 AM
I believe I have set the phone correctly but it does not ring with my SMS messages. It seems to require messages to be set to ring as well.

Current Settings:
Messenger - Alert: None
Messenger - New Messages: None
SMS: Vibrate + Tone

It will not ring or vibrate when I get SMS messages.

Thanks!

make sure you do the settings for holter and out of holster. if you set it for in holster and you do not use one it will follow the out of holster settings.

scottvin
08-02-2006, 10:13 AM
make sure you do the settings for holter and out of holster. if you set it for in holster and you do not use one it will follow the out of holster settings.
I am using a holster.