PDA

View Full Version : Email problem with BIS 2.0 and Outlook Web Access

abefroman
08-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Hello all: Hopefully someone has seen this before, or has an answer. When I get emails from work (I am not on BES, this is my own BB 7130e), they have normally appeared fine. However, just a couple of days ago, when I get an email from this certain application, I'm only getting the Title and Subject of the email, not the body. If I get an email from a person, I get the whole email fine. All of my other email accounts are working fine also. The problem just happens when the email is sent from this application. My Inbox at work and on the web(which is where the BIS points to) show the full email, including the body. It seems like when the BIS pulls the email, it is only grabbing the Title and Subject. Any ideas?

drf
08-02-2006, 01:25 PM
what's this certain application called? Could be related to that!!!

rmiller722
08-02-2006, 04:52 PM
I noticed today that I am having the same problem

Sydeshow MO
08-03-2006, 01:57 AM
I third that ^^^ I am having the same issues but w/ a little twist.

My wife and I swapped phones for a week to see if I like the BB. Our carrier is T-MO. Just swapped sim cards. My sim under the other phone has a data plan but not a BB data plan. I thought this is why I was only getting subject and sender info.

I have the BB setup to receive email from my comcast wich is a POP3. Basically, when receiving I only get the sender and subject, no body. When I reply, the email never makes it over. Finally, when sending a new email I get a message "No message services configured. You will only be able to send save as draft". I thought I configured thie already because I was able to receive.

abefroman
08-03-2006, 07:12 AM
The application is HEAT, a tracking software. I thought that was obviously the problem too, however, I can't see that the app is the reason being that I get the full email into my inbox. The only thing I noticed about these emails is that there are brackets - { } - around the body of the email. Could BIS possibly ignore anything that is surrounded by brackets? I just found it weird that it was working all along, and then all of a sudden it stopped. Also, just to mention, I did remove the battery and resent all of my service books. Too weird.

pirateloox
08-03-2006, 08:06 AM
I tested e-mails from
Outlook as HTML
Outlook as RTF
Outlook as PTF
Outlook Web Access and this is the ONLY one that showed no message body. Anything new regarding :bb:

abefroman
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Just to add - If I login to the Outlook Web, I can view the whole email, so the problem just seems to be when BIS pulls the email, it is just grabbing the subject and title, no body.

drf
08-03-2006, 10:27 AM
The application is HEAT, a tracking software. I thought that was obviously the problem too, however, I can't see that the app is the reason being that I get the full email into my inbox. The only thing I noticed about these emails is that there are brackets - { } - around the body of the email. Could BIS possibly ignore anything that is surrounded by brackets? I just found it weird that it was working all along, and then all of a sudden it stopped. Also, just to mention, I did remove the battery and resent all of my service books. Too weird.

I use HEAT and works fine on my 7130e. There must be a problem with your BIS account, try deleting your BB email address and re-add the email account right away and make sure you migrate your BIS account to v2.0. Hope this works.

FlyingElvis
08-03-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm not using HEAT, but I received an email this morning missing the body. This is using BIS on Verizon.

It happened to me a couple of days ago too, but I just dismissed it.

abefroman
08-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey drf, Do you mean delete my whole BIS account, or just the problematic account. I am already on BIS 2. Also, I'm using Verizon too just to add.

dbbrady
08-03-2006, 12:12 PM
I have had my BB for 6 weeks and all was fine until 4 days ago then same problem, no text body in emails. Its only on my work outlook email. Hotmail and MAC emails are okay. Its also random, sometimes I get no text from a sender then the next time I do?? One thing is for sure its getting worse.

Anyone have a contact number for RIM?
Anyone had any success in getting a reduced rate from cingular/verizion for this break in service???

David

drf
08-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey drf, Do you mean delete my whole BIS account, or just the problematic account. I am already on BIS 2. Also, I'm using Verizon too just to add.

Ok good you are on BIS v2.0, now just delete the problematic account, and then re-add that account.

balloffire
08-03-2006, 12:41 PM
My boss is having the same problem. He says he has not been having problems receiving emails until a few days ago. He is currently out and may be roaming on another network, so I'm not sure if this is causing the problem or not, but I don't see that you guys are mentioning anything about roaming, so I will assume it's not. While he has been out, he says it was working ok, and now he is only receiving the to/from and subject line and that's it. No email body. We do have the bes software on our server and he only uses our company email- which is.. I don't know what kind of email, but we use Outlook on our computers. Could this be a problem with this specific kind of phone, 7130 or is it the Blackberry people??

abefroman
08-03-2006, 12:55 PM
I tried deleting/readding the account, but no luck. Again, the weirdest thing is that normal emails come through fine from the problematic account. Only when the app sends the email is when I have the problem. That's why I'm wondering if BIS ignores anything with odd characters in the body. I don't know why it would, but that's all I can come up with. I might try Verizon support tonight to see if they know anything. Keep the advice coming though, much appreciated.

drf
08-03-2006, 12:57 PM
WOW, that's strange abefroman. Sorry I ran out of options here for you. Good luck with Verizon support tonight.

MWG70
08-03-2006, 01:06 PM
This is a bigger problem - there are several posts on this...here is one:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/11035-missing-email-body.html

sideburns
08-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Hello all, new user here.

I have been encountering the same issues with Cingular's BIS; blank emails, delays in pushing emails to my device, etc. In addition, I am receiving messages from donotreply@<hidden> telling me that there has been a recent change to my work account (through my company's exchange server, not BES) and I will no longer be accessible through my handheld. In short, there has been no change to my work account, I just need to constantly revalidate that account's info on BIS.

I spoke with a Cingular rep yesterday, and they stated that this is a known issue (to Cinglular, Blackberry, and RIM) that they are in the process of rectifying, and service should return to normal within a couple of days. He also gave me a nice credit on my next bill for my lost service, and stated that should these issues continue after 48 hours, I should call in again.

Hope this is helpful.