PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Streets from MS streets and trips on an 8700g

BBDevil
08-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Is it possible to load Pocket Streets from MS streets and trips onto my 8700g?

tsac
08-02-2006, 07:06 PM
I loaded Google Maps and it's great and free

kitmoni
08-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (Thumpers 8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Not to my knowledge. MS would have to write an export interface for Bb and I don't see them doing that.

VidGameKing
08-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Microsoft would never do that because it's a powerfull peice of software that runs on the Pocket PC. If they ported it you would have multiple problems.

Firstly it would detract buissiness from PocketPC operating system based systems.

Secondly you would have problems loading the map data onto the blackbery. The files are too large! To get all of California uses over 128MB for just the minimum information!

I'd rather access that information on the fly with Google maps. Plus it would be more up-to-date.

secrecyguy
08-03-2006, 01:56 AM
I agree with everyone here. You better off using Google Maps. It's available for free. Plus the latest version now includes traffic updates. Can MS do that? Nope!

Go and download the software to your BB and you will be happy you did! :)

BBDevil
08-03-2006, 09:38 AM
I do use GoogleMaps, but I just bought a copy of MS yesterday because I need it to plan routing for a big event this weekend at work. On the cover it mentions that you can also load saved portions of PocketStreets into your Pocket PC or Smartphone- I was just curious if it was possible more than anything else.

Thank you for your responces