PDA

View Full Version : gprs - data connection problem

bltorion
08-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I am in Venezuela on a GSM service provider they do not sell blackberry

I just got an unblocked bb 8270c , my company has a bb server, they added me i tried to activate.

I am getting gprs or edge ( small) , I went to my service provider got an updated Sim card . Put in the service provider APN, the SP says they know of some clients using bb on there server. Other people have traveled here on USA bb and have picked up the signal through my SP

If I take out my Sim and put it in my treo I get full data service

Is there something in the settings I have to do to have the bb pick up the data signal from the SP

Please help , I've been trying everything

NJBlackBerry
08-02-2006, 10:05 PM
You must have a BlackBerry Data Plan from the provider. Without a BlackBerry data plan all you will get is voice and text messaging. No Internet, no e-mail.

No possible.

These are the same answers as you got when you posted this the first time here - http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/41108-bb-help-international.html

bltorion
08-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Ok but , I was at my SP , they said people get the signal through digitel
they didn't tell me I needed this?

I called the company that sold the phone they said it should work?

I know people here that were on roaming and they got the signal through my SP , how does it work for USA roamers over the digitel signal

Will all providers be able to set up access for my account? Is there any other name for this data plan except bb?

Thanks

By the way , huge Eagles fan here, good luck to the Jets this year , as long as the Giants lose I am happy

NJBlackBerry
08-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Even if the local carrier does not sell the BB service locally, it may be available for outsiders to roam onto. We did that for quite a while in some SE Asian countries. Now all the carriers sell BlackBerry service.

Nope - it is called a BlackBerry Data Plan. Without it, all you will get is gprs with Data Connection Refused.