PDA

View Full Version : Orange Blackberry 8700 - Browser

nader
08-03-2006, 03:25 AM
I have a BlackBerry 8700 which I bought from Orange Switzerland in July 2007.

I have tried to download several times from the blackberry website using my blackberry 8700 different application such as GoogleTalk or Yahoo!Messenger.

As a result, I get an error which says : "Sorry, you need to use the BlackBerry Internet Service(TM) Browsing feature on your BlackBerry device in order to access the Yahoo! Messenger download site. Please exit this browsing session and select the Internet Browser icon on your device's home screen."

I have asked Orange Technical Service and they couldn't help me resolve my issue.

Does anyone has an idea on how to resolve my little problem.

Thanks in advance.

justin.culp
08-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Are you using the internet browser, or the carriers browser? You're on BIS right?

nader
08-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm using the carrier browser. As for BIS, I don't think so cuz I've check my service book and there's nothing called BIS.

allenranger2
08-03-2006, 09:42 AM
I have a BlackBerry 8700 which I bought from Orange Switzerland in July 2007.

Wow...What's the future like? What blackberry model are they on? And why are you still on the 8700? (y)

As for service books...can you access the internet? Do you get email? Check service books for Blackberry Internet Browsing Service [BrowserConfig]. If it's not there, resend your books from the web BIS. Make sure you signed up for a data plan so that you can get all of these goodies, BIS or BES.

nader
08-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Oh good, I didn't realize the date ...

I can access the internet and I do get my e-mail.

As for the service books, here's the list :

Blackberry Help! [BrowserConfig]
Provisioning [PROVISIONING]
BBFS1 [BBIMConfig]
Internet Service [CMIME]
BBFS2 [YHO]
MMS WAP Transport [WAP]
Wap Push Config [WAPPushConfig]
Orange World - orangech WAP ...
Orange World [BrowserConfig]
Browser Config for 5 click [BrowserCOnfig]
IPPP for 5 click [IPPP]