PDA

View Full Version : battery?

Evil One
08-03-2006, 05:28 AM
I was going to plug my phone in for the night to charge as I always do then the phone shuts off and a battery with a slash appears. I plug it in without the battery and the same thing. Is my battery fried or is it the phone? Thank god I have a back up phone but I am annoyed with this. Not something I want to figure out at 6am before work.

justin.culp
08-03-2006, 08:47 AM
To be honest...I'm not sure. I would be on the battery though. Just leave it plugged in....let it charge....see what happens.

allenranger2
08-03-2006, 09:50 AM
I have heard that some early 8700's had batteries that for some reason were not "compatible" with the handheld. Which blackberry do you have, and when did you purchase it?

Evil One
08-05-2006, 10:48 PM
I had T-mo send me a replacement 8700 and it worked fine for a week. Then I plugged it in one night again and the same thing happened. Its strange because when I plug it in the screen is dim and in the center is a battery with a red slash through it. I then called T-mo and they figured it was the battery so they send me another new battery. I install the battery and same shit. Then I call T-mo and the patch me to RIM. They said to re-install the software but that didnt work. Then they wanted me to totally wipe the phone clean and that didnt work because the phone wasnt recognized on my computer. When its plugged in my computer dont seem to find it.They couldnt figure it out so now another one is being sent. They think its a software issue and they want me to only restore the phonebook and not any of the emails. I can understand that because maybe its a virus. But this is way past annoying. I have no patience for this anymore. Ill keep you all updated.
As for how old is it I got it in April of 06. The only battery I got for it is the oem that it came with. Charger is oem also. I only have the cradle from Siedo and I dont think that has anything to do with it.