PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

Chyn3s3boi
08-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Good morning,

I'm a new BB user and I have some questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Background Information:
I've been receiving this following message 3 to 4 times a day.

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

I did some research and I found out that I'm suppose to delete one of the service books under options, but this depends on if I'm using BIS or Desktop Redirector. How do I find out what service I'm using? Am I going in the right direction? Please help!

Wishdemon
08-03-2006, 07:59 AM
I think you misread it....you should try resending your service books by logging into your providers web client (like t-mobile's Email section) and resend the service books...

If this doesnt stop sending the messages, try reregistering the host routing tables by going to options - advanced options - host routing tables - (clickwheel to get) register - you'll get an email saying the handheld has been successfully registered.

Chyn3s3boi
08-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Hmm..I'm currently using Verizon. Resend the service books?

Chyn3s3boi
08-04-2006, 07:50 AM
This is what I have under service books..anyone?

Desktop [CICAL]
Desktop [CMIME]
jimchen1@<hidden> [CMIME]
Blackberry Internet Browsing Service
BBFS2 [YHO]
BBFS1 [BBIMConfig]
Verizon Wireless [WAP]
IPPP for 5 Click [IPPP]
Provisioning [PROVISIONING]

drf
08-04-2006, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE][Desktop [CICAL]
Desktop [CMIME]
[CMIME]
Blackberry Internet Browsing Service
BBFS2 [YHO]
BBFS1 [BBIMConfig]
Verizon Wireless [WAP]
IPPP for 5 Click [IPPP]
Provisioning [PROVISIONING]/QUOTE]

You have Redirector and BIS setup, you need to choose which service you want to use for blackberry to send/receive your emails to your device. If you want BIS, then you need to uninstall desktop manager and re-install. When re-installing it under email integeration option choose blackberry internet service. Redirector requires you to be on a BES.

Chyn3s3boi
08-04-2006, 08:35 AM
What is the difference between redirector and BIS? I'm using Outlook with an exchange server, what is the best way to go?

headtailgrep
08-04-2006, 08:38 AM
I think it's time to read the manual, pal.

NJBlackBerry
08-04-2006, 08:41 AM
And the excellent Sticky FAQ threads at the top of the forum on the different methods of receiving e-mail on your BlackBerry.

drf
08-04-2006, 08:43 AM
The best way depends on you? They both work great!! Do you pay licence fees to blackberry for a enterprise server?

Chyn3s3boi
08-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Nope.

drf
08-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Then you need to go BIS. You need to uninstall desktop manager and re-install. When re-installing it under email integeration option choose blackberry internet service. Delete the desktop (CMIME) in service books. You should be good after that.