PDA

View Full Version : options for importing address book (with DC#)?

slug420
08-03-2006, 01:29 PM
The main issue is our lotus notes address book doesnt have a field I can populate with the DC# for people. I changed the name of one of the fields to DC# but it didnt take it during a sync.

Basically im just looking for what the options are for importing a completely populated address book to my berry. I dont use any address book on my PC so if its downloading some rinky dink blackberry address book manager program entering the info in there and syncing, or creating some kind of spreadsheet and saving it as a comma delimited file to import or something, its all just as good to me as importing it directly from notes.

I tried a couple searches but address book has 4 million results and most are for importing an existing address book from outlook or gmail or notes or something...im not sure if any of them covered the DC# field specifically

thanks in advance

lhuff
08-03-2006, 02:03 PM
If you're using BIS (Desktop Manager) simply go into the sync configuration and select which Notes field to sync with the BB's DC# field. For BES, ask your IT person what field is mapped to the BB DC#.