PDA

View Full Version : BIS Questions

cayzac
08-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the dumb questions but I'm a BIS "newbie". I've been on a BES for years and just set up my Nextel 7520 to access my GMail account. That part is working great. I've got 2 questions:

1. How do you know what BIS version you're on? I see people talking about 1.8, 2.0, 2.1 but I can't seem to find any indication on my Berry.

2. If I send an email to someone from my Berry using my GMail account it sends with no problem, but I'm getting a copy of every email I send out. In other words, I send an email to John Smith, John will get that message, but a copy of it shows up in my Inbox on the Berry. Is this the way its supposed to work?

Thanks and again, sorry if this is a dumb question!

BERDucky
08-03-2006, 07:06 PM
1) when you sign into your BIS site do you have an inbox? if you do (which i doubt as you just set account up) you have BIS 1.8

if you don't have an inbox you have BIS 2.1 (all BIS 2.0 accoutns have upgraded to 2.1)

2) set up a filter in your BIS site to not forward email from your Gmail address to your handheld - that will stop this from happening

cayzac
08-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Perfect! Yep, I'm on 2.1 and the filter worked! So, by default if you use a BIS account (GMail) it automatically sends a copy to you? Thanks for the help!

BERDucky
08-04-2006, 09:43 AM
i dunno if it's by default - but i know it's been happening w/ a few ppl recently

option94
08-04-2006, 09:46 AM
it's because it save a copy to your gmail sent mail, so it see's it as new mail and sends it to you.

whsbuss
08-04-2006, 10:13 AM
it's because it save a copy to your gmail sent mail, so it see's it as new mail and sends it to you.

Correct. Gmail's implementation of folders w/POP is just to mark messages with a tag for Sent Mail or Labels, etc so they display properly in their web interface. But its only one mailbox.

Blackberry Gall
08-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi All,

I know that this may sound like a repeat as well, but how/where do I find the version number of my BIS? I have a user that I configured using the BIS and that grabs their mail from their corporate account. They do not sign into anything, the mail is just received on their device, BB 7290. Thanks.

BBG