PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be BB owner.

mafoster
03-03-2005, 12:10 PM
I am so glad I found this site. I am about to order a 7250 from Verizon. I am under the impression that this is the newest/best one they offer.

Is the 7250 the same as the 7290 from T-mobile? Or is the 7250 upgraded? I can't seem to get a straight answer onthe web surfing ability of the 7250. Does it work right out of the box? I will have the data plan and all that. Also, will I be able to connect the BB to my laptop and then use the internet on my laptop? The BB would be the modem, I forget the correct term for that process....

Will the 7250 sync with my Outlook, and existing email account? Or is BB it's own email system that everyone raves about? Does the 7250 have user defined "catagories" for your contacts? I need that.

Aybody out there live in the Los Angeles area that has a Verizon 7250 yet? I am disappointed that they are not in the stores, I would like to see one in person before I go thru with ordering one online. It will take an act og Congress to return this and get everything settled with Verizon.

So if I go to a T-Mobile shop an check out the 7290 would I be correct in assuming it is the same as the 7250? Is the 7290 the blue one? Whats up with that?

Thanks.

blkberryboy
03-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I may be wrong but I can only think of a few differences between the 7250 & t-mo 7230...First off the 7250 on Verizon is black and has Bluetooth...7230 for T-Mobile is blue and has no bluetooth.

Like I said I may be wrong but that is what I can recall.
:bb:

Brad00111
03-03-2005, 12:22 PM
My brother lives in LA and was so disappointed with verizons service that he switched to Cingular and seems to be much happier. Make sur ethe coverage in your area is good before you make a decision, cause a phone with 0 signal is just an expensive paperweight.

mafoster
03-03-2005, 12:39 PM
I am in Long Beach and Verizon is by far the best I have ever had. I was with AT&T for years and have been thru 10 cell phones. I finally switched to Verizon and although it is clear that they hire from the local prisons, the coverage has been perfect. My cell phone always works great. And I have never been able to say that until now.

I am hoping that the BB will be identical in phone coverage. I have been looking at Pocket Pc's (have an old one now) but the BB seems to be everything I want/need with a better keyboard and the one hand ability due to the wheel.

I just hate having to order it online without being able to tinker with it in the store. I will find a T-mobile and try out their version.

Do you know if the 7250 does web browsing? Basically I would only need the web for fun. I am more into the contact/calander, email and keyboard all in a device that has a phone too. But the web is fun when you have time. As a modem to my laptop I would use it a lot more.

Can it be plugged in and charging while being used at the same time?

Thanks.

Brad00111
03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I am in Long Beach and Verizon is by far the best I have ever had. I was with AT&T for years and have been thru 10 cell phones. I finally switched to Verizon and although it is clear that they hire from the local prisons, the coverage has been perfect. My cell phone always works great. And I have never been able to say that until now.

Thats great to hear, its always different for everyone. Glad you found one that works perfect for you, Im still looking for the perfect one in my area lol.

I am hoping that the BB will be identical in phone coverage. I have been looking at Pocket Pc's (have an old one now) but the BB seems to be everything I want/need with a better keyboard and the one hand ability due to the wheel.

There is no reason it shouldnt be it all operates on the same network, so everything with regards to coverage should be identical to what you have now.

I just hate having to order it online without being able to tinker with it in the store. I will find a T-mobile and try out their version.

Yea but they should have a return policy, usually 30 days, that you can send it back if your not happy with it.

Do you know if the 7250 does web browsing? Basically I would only need the web for fun. I am more into the contact/calander, email and keyboard all in a device that has a phone too. But the web is fun when you have time. As a modem to my laptop I would use it a lot more.

On the 7250 yes it does. As a modem, dont think you can do that one yet. but check this thread

http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=19451

Can it be plugged in and charging while being used at the same time?

yes it can

Thanks.[/quote]