PDA

View Full Version : Checking BB voicemail from a "regular" phone...

Cruise
08-05-2006, 06:27 AM
I'm on the Telus network in Canada and was wondering if there was a way to check my BB voicemail while using a regular line.

Thanks as always.
:smile:

Milkman
08-05-2006, 07:30 AM
I don't know much about Telus, but here are the ways I have got into voicemail on different networks/phone systems

Dial your cell from a landline, and wait for your greeting

At that point try one of the following

Dial your passcode
Dial your passcode and press pound
Press pound, and dial your passcode
Press pound, dial your passcode and press pound
Press *, and dial your passcode
Press *, dial your passcode and press pound

Those are the most popular ways.

jwaters
08-05-2006, 07:37 AM
On Nextel there is a different number for voicemail. Under phone and options you can see what number unanswered calls are forwarded to. Call that number and follow the prompts.

Cruise
08-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Thanks guys,

It turns out that dialing my cell number, waiting for the greeting, pushing * then my access code did the trick.

Milkman
08-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Thanks guys,

It turns out that dialing my cell number, waiting for the greeting, pushing * then my access code did the trick.

Good! Glad it worked

On Nextel there is a different number for voicemail. Under phone and options you can see what number unanswered calls are forwarded to. Call that number and follow the prompts.

While that is true, that is extra work. Just call your Nextel phone, when you hear your greeting press *, dial your passcode and press #. Much quicker and much less work.