PDA

View Full Version : Configuring BIS & Lotus Notes

yamkara
08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi

I have been trying to setup my Lotus Domino Web Access account with my Blackberry BIS 1.8 using the IMAP option as given below:

blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/270925/What_Is_-_Integrating_a_Lotus_Domino_Web_Access_account_with_your_BlackBerry_account.html?nodeid=786878&vernum=0

After following all the stepst the end of the process given above, I get a GREEN CHECK MARK status which would imply that the integration is succesful.

However, I am still unable to access any Lotus Domino web mail on my Blackberry 8700c.

HELP !!

BERDucky
08-07-2006, 02:25 PM
so you mean your not getting your email to your handheld yes?

how long ago did you add the account? it takes 20 mins to state wokring then polls every 15 mins after

how much email is seen on the IMAP access? you may have to have your IT check on this

it's possible that they enabled IMAP access but no email is being redirected to the IMAP server - therefor no email for the BIS to grab

hope this makes sense

yamkara
08-08-2006, 06:17 PM
so you mean your not getting your email to your handheld yes?

how long ago did you add the account? it takes 20 mins to state wokring then polls every 15 mins after

how much email is seen on the IMAP access? you may have to have your IT check on this

it's possible that they enabled IMAP access but no email is being redirected to the IMAP server - therefor no email for the BIS to grab

hope this makes sense
Hi

I configured the account on BIS 2 days ago.

With regards to how much email is seen on the IMAP access, my IT tells me that they generally keep about 25MB online.

if its possible that they enabled IMAP access but no email is being redirected to the IMAP server - how do i change this?

strange thing is that when i switched off my laptop for the night, i had about 30-40 mails waiting for me on my blackberry in the morning. But i dont receive any emails during the day??

Thanks !!

BERDucky
08-09-2006, 07:55 AM
huh - sounds more like they enabled POP access...and your mail client isn't leaving a copy on the server so when it's open no email goes to your handheld