PDA

View Full Version : Help, Blackberry Questions for new user

johndallas
08-09-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm looking into getting a Blackberry Device thru Cingular to sync with my Microsoft Outlook personal email (verizon.net and another personal email account) and had a couple of questions.
1. What type of Cingular Service do I need beyond the Voice piece to sync with 2 outlook email accounts (no corporate BES connection needed)
2. What will this service sync with my device beyond email? Does it do the calendar and address book as well?

Any other info to get me started will be appreciated. Thanks.

hbomb341
08-09-2006, 12:27 PM
1. What type of Cingular Service do I need beyond the Voice piece to sync with 2 outlook email accounts (no corporate BES connection needed)

You will need a Blackberry Data Plan if you arn't using a BES, I would go with the Personal Unlimited plan around $30 a month. This will give you BIS access to set your device up.

2. What will this service sync with my device beyond email? Does it do the calendar and address book as well?

Sync Over the Air, you will need a BES, but you can sync Calendar and Address book by a cable sync.

Any other info to get me started will be appreciated. Thanks.

A tip use the 'Search' function at the top of the page, the board has A LOT of answers all ready and also read the manual always a good palce to start even before you buy, just grab it from RIM's website.