PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need To Downgrade!

Deraj090
08-09-2006, 03:39 PM
I upgraded to 4.1, and i've never used a slower O.S. How do I downgrade back to 4.0?! I have the backup "ipd" file, but thats about it. What do I do?

(I cant find the 4.0 file for Tmobile anywhere).

d_fisher
08-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Give the device a day or two. It will speed up. If you still want to downgrade you need to first get a copy of the old handheld software. Use JL_Cmder to completely erase all data from your BlackBerry. Finally reinstall 4.0 from scratch on your handheld. More detailed instructions available here (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/1871-blackberryos-4-x-download-faq-upgrade-downloads.html).

gadgetfanatic
08-09-2006, 03:49 PM
before you downgrade try this. Open all the apps. that you use on a regular basis. They will be slow the first time. When you close them use the red "end" button, NOT the side "back" button. If you can get in the habit of closing your apps with the end button, the os will work great for you. I had the same problem when I upgraded my 7100. After I figured this solution out, I was very happy with the upgrade.

Deraj090
08-09-2006, 05:08 PM
yea i see what you're talking about...the hour-glass only really comes up once or twice then the app works fine. I'll test it out a few days, and give that a shot.

WHERE DO I FIND A VERSION OF 4.0? WILL ANOTHER CARRIER'S 4.0 VERSION WORK? (i'm using an unlocked 7100t, and can't find the t-mobile 4.0, but i know where to get the cingular 4.0...will that work?)