PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't my AIM work?

MotoRacer
08-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I sign on AIM and it says "Signing on...", and there is the little yellow guy running and it says 20% under him. It never lets me get to my buddy list, and it sends me a text message with a bunch of numbers and says "Successful".

Any ideas why I can't get fully on? Sometimes I even get IM's that go to my text message inbox. I don't see a buddy list, and it read 20% the whole time.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

-Kyle

Triko
08-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Who is your provider? I know Cingular blocks Yahoo! IM. Not certain about AIM...

TravisM
08-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Is that the default aim client?? If so don't use that because I know they charge for text messages, Or if the still do.. Get ramble or purchase yak-on... Works alot better...

phillyslickster
08-13-2006, 06:17 PM
I sign on AIM and it says "Signing on...", and there is the little yellow guy running and it says 20% under him. It never lets me get to my buddy list, and it sends me a text message with a bunch of numbers and says "Successful".

Any ideas why I can't get fully on? Sometimes I even get IM's that go to my text message inbox. I don't see a buddy list, and it read 20% the whole time.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

-Kyle

I seem to get the smae response sometimes as well. When I sign off and sign back on, it seems to help. Like the user above mentioned, it does use sms so if you dont have an unlimited text messaging bundle and you use that application a lot then expect the sms charges. There are other apps out there that do use data. Check out the thread on third party applications.

Hope this helps.

MotoRacer
08-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I have tmobile, with unlimited texts, but I can't even get it to sign on so I can see my buddy list period. I've tried 3-4 times in a row.

Have any suggestions on what I should do?

-Thanks

-Kyle

phillyslickster
08-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Try uninstalling the OZ client and then restarting your BB. Then reinstall the OZ client again and see if it works for you this time. Hope this helps you.

pspiegel
08-13-2006, 11:24 PM
i had this happen too as well, it just seemed to take forever... though eventually it logged on, for some reason though the OZ client doesn't load all of your buddies it seems. I now just use yak-on, and its great (and doesn't use text messaging)