PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a Blackberry in France?

grumpie
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi all ...

I've recently moved from the US to France for the next year or so.

I have an (unlocked) 8700g from T-Mo and I signed up for their "unlimited international" plan. Like a lot of others on this board, I was specifically told that it was "unlimited internet and email" but recently told that I'd be paying $15/Meg for internet usage and that the plan was really an "unlimited international *email*" plan ...

Anyways, I am now shopping around for a Blackberry plan here in France. Ideally, I'd like something where I can get simple prepaid cards for my family and have free calls between us, but I can't really find any such deal.

I'd love to hear from others who have been able to obtain a plan (forfait, prepayed, abonnement ... whatever) that works well with the blackberry that they did NOT buy from the same provider.

In fact, I havent been able to find a website (preferably in English, but I'll try French as well!) that compares and clarifies French mobile phone plans ... any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Merci!

- G
====

stlduckhunter
08-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Try calling these guys. I have bought several phones from them. They are reputable and speak english. New Technology Europe - Starphone 01 53 76 05 00.

grumpie
08-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Try calling these guys. I have bought several phones from them. They are reputable and speak english. New Technology Europe - Starphone 01 53 76 05 00.

Excellent, merci beaucoup! I'll try them tomorrow. I'm in the south of France, near Cannes, but I'm guessing it wont be a problem for them to ship me a SIM card.

Thanks again!

- G
===