PDA

View Full Version : delete from mailbox

t2w
08-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7520/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I have my blackberry set to get all of my POP3 mail..

How do I set it so when I delete from handheld, it deletes it from the server?
(So when I get home I don't have all the spam waiting?)

BES admin
08-15-2006, 08:07 AM
I am assuming you are using BIS?

If this is the case, the BB only talks to the BIS server where your mail is popped to.

Mail is popped to the BIS account, but a copy is left behind so your desktop client can still retrieve it.

Unfortunatly, you cannot set the BIS to pop mail and remove the copy from your server... at least I cannot do this with Cingular BIS that I can find.

Good Luck. (y)

BERDucky
08-15-2006, 09:54 AM
if your using BIS 2.x and your handheld is set to delete from mail box and server it should delete from your POP server

however if you've already downloaded the messages to say Outlook it won't remove them from there

as well if you have an account where you need to enable POP access it most likely won't delete from the website (like Gmail before it went to instant delivery - the messages would delete form Gmail's POP server but not from the Gmail site)

hope this helps

t2w
08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
if your using BIS 2.x and your handheld is set to delete from mail box and server it should delete from your POP server

however if you've already downloaded the messages to say Outlook it won't remove them from there

as well if you have an account where you need to enable POP access it most likely won't delete from the website (like Gmail before it went to instant delivery - the messages would delete form Gmail's POP server but not from the Gmail site)

hope this helps

i upgraded to BIS 2 and when i delete from handheld and it
prompts me to delete from mailbox, i choose both..

it still is waiting for me when i get home..

am i doing something wrong?

BERDucky
08-17-2006, 08:19 AM
waiting where? on the website or on a mail client like Outlook?