PDA

View Full Version : email does NOT delete when connnecting to PC

markymarc
08-15-2006, 08:10 AM
I have the 8700c and use Outlook Web Access to retreive my mail from my exchange server.

My problem is that when my BB is synched or connected to my computer while I'm at the office, email messages do NOT delete from my BB when I delete messages from Outlook on my PC. Also, when I open messages in Outlook, the messages are not marked as open on my BB.

This forces me to go through all my messages again on my BB after working in Outlook all day and opening and deleting messages.

Is there anyway to make messages delete from my BB when I delete them from Outlook on my PC without having to upgrade to BES on my exchange server?

BERDucky
08-15-2006, 09:37 AM
w/ BIS sync is currently one way (who knows if/when this will cahnge)
which means it only works from handheld -> Outlook Web Access (as this is how you have it integrated)

if you open an email on your handheld it will be marked as opened on your Outlook Web Access (and supposably yout Outlook from there)
same w/ deletes

however it won't work from your Outlook Web Acess account to your handheld

if you want 2 way sync you'll need a BES - or Redirector (however you won't get attachments with this and your computer will need to always be online)

markymarc
08-15-2006, 11:05 AM
thank your for your response

cheers,

marc