PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Emergency! [Unable to receive calls]

marlopez
03-04-2005, 09:20 PM
i have a 7290. for some reason i an unable to receive calls. when somone calls it goes straight to voicemail, but my phone shows that i have a missed call.
i searched the help index on the phone and it says to make sure that the call blocking function is turned off, but i cant find that.

can someone please email me at marlopez@<hidden> with an answer. i am just about to leave.

thanks a lot, i appreciate it.
-mario

marlopez
03-05-2005, 04:45 AM
ok maybe can someone just reply to the thread and not email me? this is really bugging me.
thanks

NJBlackBerry
03-05-2005, 04:55 AM
OK, have you tried removing the battery and then putting it back in?
If that does not work, it could be corrupted software. Try reloading the OS (find the sticky thread about reloading the handheld Operating System).

marlopez
03-05-2005, 05:15 AM
yep ive tried to remove/reinsert the battery many times and it still doesnt work.

also i can't find that thread you are talking about.

i am getting so frustrated with this i am thinking about getting it fixed and selling it.

NJBlackBerry
03-05-2005, 05:37 AM
The short version:

Get a copy of Javaloader; it is included in the BlackBerry SDK available from the RIM web site. Download the latest copy of the handheld OS for the 7290 from Cingular (I believe it is v3.8 still) and install it.

Back up your BlackBerry using the Desktop Redirector. Close Desktop Manager.

GO to a DOS prompt, locate Javaloader and type

Javaloader -usb wipe

This will wipe out the BB.

Locate "Vendor.XML" on your C: drive and delete it.

Start Desktop Manager. The OS should load.

Restore the data that you backed up earlier.

finch
03-05-2005, 09:15 AM
i have a 7290. for some reason i an unable to receive calls. when somone calls it goes straight to voicemail, but my phone shows that i have a missed call.
i searched the help index on the phone and it says to make sure that the call blocking function is turned off, but i cant find that.

can someone please email me at marlopez@<hidden> with an answer. i am just about to leave.

thanks a lot, i appreciate it.
-mario

Just curious, if you go into profiles (the speaker icon) on the home screen is it set to silent, or is the phone on ring tone on mute?

marlopez
03-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Just curious, if you go into profiles (the speaker icon) on the home screen is it set to silent, or is the phone on ring tone on mute?

woohoo! thats sorta what it was. under the phone tones for the option that says "do not disturb" it was checked to yes.

im dumb and computer illiterate compared to everyone ont his board. but thanks a lot to everyone who tried to help

NJBlackBerry
03-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Wow. I went straight to reload.

mark.hogan
03-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Sorry for being one that replied to your berry - I was tryinmg to help since you were off the net...
wont do that again 8)

marlopez
03-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Sorry for being one that replied to your berry - I was tryinmg to help since you were off the net...
wont do that again 8)

no man, thanks a lot. i actually hoped someone would email me. so i appreciate your help greatly.
-mario

Mark Rejhon
03-09-2005, 02:17 AM
Just FYI -- make sure you use a descriptive title next time than "Help! Emergency!". I have edited the topic title. ;)