PDA

View Full Version : IT blocked so I cant use my berry is there any way

nvrxenough
08-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Is there any way i can use my 8700G through a outside source. They wont let me download the software on my computer here at work. They want me to order another BB that uses cingular but im alreay ina contract with t mobile and I have the 8700 which i want to continue to use. Is there any way to get around this so i can read my work emaisl on the 8700G.

Any help here would be appreciated.

stripesace
08-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Just get your BB unlocked and see if they'll pay for that and your ETF....

nvrxenough
08-16-2006, 02:24 PM
how do I go about getting my t mobile unlocked?

d_fisher
08-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Will you company even allow you to use your personal BlackBerry? At my employeer the BlackBerry has to be company owned to be connected to the BES server. I would check first before you pay to have your BlackBerry unlocked. If you do deceide to unlock your BlackBerry, some of the forum sponsers (http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberryforums-com-sponsors/) offer unlocking services.

Cocooningweb
08-16-2006, 03:18 PM
how do I go about getting my t mobile unlocked?
If you've had your BB with T-Mobile for 90+ days you can call customer service and they will give you the unlock code for FREE.

If you have to sell your 8700G to get a 8700C from your employer, you should consider unlocking it first, its resell value will increase.

nvrxenough
08-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Ok so T mobile unlocked my phone I put the number in this morning and its good to go. Can someone tell what this actually does does it just make it so i can use any sim card or is there more to it?

limoonux
08-18-2006, 01:00 PM
mine was unlocked by this guy hassan@<hidden> (8700G Tmobile UK)

hnsimpson
08-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Ok so T mobile unlocked my phone I put the number in this morning and its good to go. Can someone tell what this actually does does it just make it so i can use any sim card or is there more to it?

Now it can be used with other GSM network, for example a Cingular customer could put their SIM card in and use it on their plan/network.

I just sold my 7100T to a Cingular customer. Both she and I were pleased.

-Simpson