PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry changed from push to pull

nadus
08-16-2006, 07:25 PM
I have a new 7130 and tried to add personal email accounts. It didn't seem to be dowloading my personal messages but I found a suggestion online to send the service book and after that it was downloading personal mail fine. The problem is it seems like my work mail isn't getting pushed out by the BES server anymore, but is instead being pulled by the blackberry. Earlier I'd get my work mail instantly, usually even a few seconds before it popped up in outlook, not it takes upto 20 minutes for it to pop up on my blackberry, and if I read it in outlook before that, it doesn't make it to my blackberry at all. Any suggestions on how to fix this (and preferably still keep my ability to get my personal email)?

Nextel User
08-16-2006, 08:59 PM
just curious..................

since i see you are NEW (noobie) Here.

have you tried theSEARCHkey?

takeshi
08-17-2006, 08:41 AM
The length of time has nothing to do with whether or not your email is Pull or Push. The Blackberry is a Push device by design. Unless you've downloaded a 3rd party email app to access your email there's no way that it's suddenly Pull. Pull email is email that requires you to open the client and to initiate the retrieval of email.

Anyway, that doesn't help with troubleshooting your issue at all but I suggest you start with your BES admin. Pushing BIS service books shouldn't have affected BES email delivery.

fireman
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM
just curious..................

since i see you are NEW (noobie) Here.

have you tried theSEARCHkey?

Waste of space. Don't answer back then! Remember you were there once too!