PDA

View Full Version : Strange e-mail problem

Treebeard
08-17-2006, 02:17 AM
Hello

One of our users has a strange fault with their 7100T Blackberry, we have a BES server in our setup.

The user receives notifications on her Blackberry that she has new e-mails and the number of unread e-mails increases when she receives an e-mail. However when she goes into messages she can not see the e-mails.

We have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in again, turning wireless off and redeploying the servicebooks none of these have helped.

I then noticed that the date on the Blackberry was set incorrectly, I talked the user through changing the date and now she can see any new e-mails she is sent, but she still can not see the old ones.

I have checked and user does not have any filters applied and the device is set to keep e-mails forever.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips as to what I can try next

Thanks

Texas_Traveler
08-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Hello
I then noticed that the date on the Blackberry was set incorrectly, I talked the user through changing the date and now she can see any new e-mails she is sent, but she still can not see the old ones.

BB's put the received emails in date order. The emails your user recevied when the date was incorrect were stored under the incorrect date. Find that date in the inbox, and you'll find your missing emails.