PDA

View Full Version : BES Question with T-Mobile UK

jchenelat
08-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Hi,

I am a bit confused between the T-Mobile blackberry subscription and the data plan.

In fact, I discover (ok I am a newbie :smile: ) that when I am using the browser on the bberry, it is using my data plan. I am waiting to activate the BES with my company (there is approval process that tooks ages) but i was wondering when I will have this access, will it be using the blackberry subscription or the data communication?

Therefore I have a small list if somebody know how to complete it (or confirm what is already in there):

T-Mobile Instant Email --> Blackberry Subscription
T-Mobile Instant Email Attachment --> Blackberry Subscription (I guess but not sure)
Internet Browser --> Data
OTA --> Data
BES --> ????

Thank you for helping removing this confusion

asianmaze
08-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi

I'm a Tmo UK user, but I'm not sure what you mean by a Blackberry subscription and a data plan? I have a data plan and a phone contract with Tmo - is that what you mean?

jchenelat
08-18-2006, 08:52 AM
To give more details.

At the moment, I have the following contract:

Flex something
+
Blackberry Service (T-mobile instant email which mean your address ending with @<hidden>)
+
Default 3mb Data Allowance coming with my price plan. (outside the 3mb I pay by kb)

There is some Data plan like unlimited internet something but I don't have it right now.

asianmaze
08-21-2006, 02:38 AM
right, think I understand what you're asking.

T-Mobile Instant Email --> Blackberry Subscription - includes data plan 3 mb allowance
T-Mobile Instant Email Attachment --> as above
Internet Browser --> as aboveSo, I think when you activate your BES it will work on the above also.

The simplest way to think about it is that phone calls get charged at your phone rate and anything else comes out of your data plan. Once you've hit the 3mb allowance you will get charged over and above. At least, that's the way it works for me - but I don't use a flext plan as I have an ancient but very good deal from TMo that I'm anxious to keep. I pay an extra £10 on top for the data plan 3mb, which is usually sufficient for my needs.

I hope this helps a little

jchenelat
08-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Thank you asianmaze for the information.

That's what I was starting to think however I am still a bit confused about what T-Mobile say. In fact, when you take the blackberry subscription they say the usage of Blackberry is unlimited (with a fairly use of 50Mb). My guess was that the 50Mb was for the bberry, the attachment and the browser. But it seems that the two first one are but the browser is not.

I try to call the customer services but I couldn't get anybody explaining me the billing behaviour (when you call T-Mobile UK it seems the blackberry is a UFO).

It's crazy

asianmaze
08-21-2006, 10:37 AM
I try to call the customer services but I couldn't get anybody explaining me the billing behaviour (when you call T-Mobile UK it seems the blackberry is a UFO).
It's crazy

It is, you're right. I have found that no one on the ordinary help lines knows BB. When you dial for help, my advice is to use 150 followed by 3 and then 4 as the menus come up. Have a fictional problem (e.g. can't get web service). If you do this, you can probably get them to push you through to a BB advisor who will know something. Avoid the billing lines. When I first got my BB it took ages to get sensible answers and, frankly, I tend to look at the bill to try and work out what's happening - if you've registered on the Tmo website then you can view your bill relatively easily and work it out. It's stupid, but it generally works better than talking to them!

PDM
08-21-2006, 05:40 PM
t-mobile austria are also clueless when it comes to BB's...